Couple Wanted for Animal Care & Cleaning at Guest Ranch B&B
Seeking a couple for caretaking animals and cleaning a B&B. These are hands-on positions requiring physical labor, attention to detail and the ability to see the big picture. We are located in the mountains of Southern AZ for a year-round climate cooler than Tucson and Phoenix.
Animal care involves:
– must have significant horse care experience
– heavy lifting of 100# bales of hay and feed bags
– reading and following directions carefully
– recognizing and treating colic, minor injuries and illness
– maintaining schedule of AM and PM feeding duties
– prior significant horse experience and willingness to learn our ways of operating
– typical feeding schedule is 2.5 hrs AM and PM with some days having work in between
– prefer someone willing to work most weekends
B & B work involves:
– cleaning rooms, bathrooms, laundry, etc after guests depart
– possible cooking if interested/able
– hours will vary with occupancy
– opportunities for additional hours if we can find reliable help – means more income for you
We are seeking applicants who are:
– RELIABLE, honest, and have follow-through
– able to manage anger – not interested in drama, bad language, blow-ups or melt-downs
– part of a two-person team where each person can perform a job
– willing to make a commitment of at least a year
– able to live in a rural community 15 miles from town
– aware that animal care is not a 9 to 5 job
– legally able to work and live in the US
– ready and willing to make a commitment
The more diverse your abilities and skills, the more you can earn here.
Clean driver’s license and having own personal vehicle are necessary. We are a drug and tobacco free ranch. Please no smoking, no drugs, no heavy alcohol consumption, no children, no dangerous dogs. Prefer applicants with their own RV, however there is an on-site RV you can rent (no pets permitted inside). Applicants must be fit and physically capable; both jobs are physically demanding. If you have chronic pain, or major health issues or disability this is not the job for you as it is VERY physically demanding.
Please send a list of relevant experience, references, working phone number (with voice mail set up) and current picture to be considered.
Phone Number: 520-455-5424
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org