Ranch Manager Position Available at Hunting Ranch
Full-time position for a working ranch manager on a 1,500 acre whitetail hunting ranch. This manager will have one part-time employee to assist with the ranch work. This is a first-class ranch, so we will only accept a first-class person. You must be able to work without supervision, be capable of making critical independent decisions, a self-starter, and adept at record keeping. All fencing, housing, and equipment is new or near new- we are not asking you to work with junk or worn out equipment and tools. Excellent housing and health insurance will be part of your compensation, as well as two weeks of vacation. If you are not passionate about ranch work and whitetail deer, this is not a position for you.
The ranch is high fenced with transplanted superior genetic whitetails and a few exotics. Our ranch is under MLD Level 3 program which means our hunting season is October thru February. We also have whitetail deer in breeder pens.
You will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the ranch management including, but not limited to:
• Inspecting deer pens on a daily basis, Monday-Saturday and occasionally Sunday
• Filling protein and corn feeders
• Fence monitoring including trapping on fence line
• Lawn mowing/maintenance around three homes, swimming pool, and fence line
• Light vehicle and building maintenance
• Planting and fertilizing food plots
• Irrigation system maintenance
• Guiding hunters
• Maintenance of roads, feeders, blinds
• Annual wildlife counts
• Brush clearing
Apply by sending your confidential resume directly to the ranch owner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please don’t waste your time applying if you are lazy and/or sloppy.