[FILLED] Ranch Operations Manager Needed in TX
San Juan Ranch (Weatherford, Texas) is seeking a Ranch Operations Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of its 700-acre ranch. This person will be responsible for the routine maintenance of an existing equestrian ranch. This is not a cattle-working position.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is smart, a self-starter, organized and possesses strong problem solving and supervisory skills. Honesty, integrity, and a very strong work ethic are a must. This is a hands-on position and it is not a desk job.
Skills and qualifications:
• Successful management experience in ranch maintenance.
• Must be highly organized and have a good eye for detail .
• Self-starter, highly motivated, honest and able to complete projects with limited or no direct supervision. Will require manual labor on regular basis.
• Must be able to follow instructions and communicate effectively with ranch owners, ranch manager, and staff members.
• Must be able to operate and perform routine maintenance for all landscape and ranch machinery. Machine repair skills are a bonus.
• Must possess or be able to obtain, a Texas Pesticide/Herbicide Applicator’s license issued by the Texas Department of Agriculture.
This position will perform the following manual labor on a regular basis:
• Ranch maintenance, to include fields, fences and care for beautiful oak trees.
• Herbicide application and fertilization of grounds and hay fields.
• Manage and perform the spraying and production of the coastal hay.
• Coordinate and manage onsite contractors for big projects, as needed.
• Help with agricultural and technology decisions.
• Find, hire and manage ranch labor.
We understand the importance of balance and we do our best to be flexible on hours. However, this is a 6-day a week job. We are looking for someone who feels responsible for ranch’s overall well-being.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive salary, a somewhat flexible work schedule, full benefits (including health insurance, retirement plan, paid vacation time, etc.) and optional on-site housing. Personal horses are not allowed. Starting pay is depending on level of experience.
For more information about the details of the position, email: [FILLED]
To apply for this position, please email resume and cover letter to: [FILLED]