[FILLED] Seasonal Hunting Guide Needed
The Wilderness Reserve
Job Title: Seasonal Hunting Guide
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Field Operations Manager
Location: The Wilderness Reserve (Phelps, Wisconsin)
ABOUT THE WILDERNESS RESERVE:
The Wilderness Reserve is a pristine hunting preserve that sits on the borders of Northern Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. With 5,500 acres of forests, marshes, and fields; The Wilderness Reserve provides hunters with a challenging natural environment for their Trophy Elk, Whitetail Deer, and Upland Bird hunts.
TWR Hunting Guides provide one-on-one guided hunts on The Wilderness Reserve’s 5,500 acre hunt preserve. The guides are responsible for identifying the predetermined animal to be harvested and giving the hunter the go ahead to take a shot.
• Assist in predator control when needed
• Prepare and maintain supplies required for hunts
• Maintain hunting blinds
• Perform guided hunts
• Retrieval of harvested animals
• Dressing, caping and quartering of harvested animals
• Scoring of harvested animals
• Assist with hunter/guest/customer relations
• Assist in the preparation of meals for guests
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to completion of the tenth grade; plus, three years of experience in big game hunting.
• Three + years big game hunting
• Prior experience working on a ranch or farm and around wild animals and/or livestock.
• Ability to communicate clearly in both verbally and written form
• Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Detail oriented self-starter
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Must have a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
• Strong desire for continued growth and learning
• Ability to become CPR and First aid certified
While the ideal candidate would have on the ground experience in all these things, we primarily value good energy, open-mindedness and work ethic.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to communicate clearly and concisely. Applicants must be physically capable of standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, climbing, and lifting at least 60 pounds. Ability to drive a motor vehicle and maintain a valid driver’s license; must be able to work in all weather conditions.
• $150.00 per day
o lodging and meals provided
How to Apply