Seasonal or Year-Round Ranch Caretaker / Recreational Assistant Needed
The TA Ranches, situated 15 miles north of beautiful Saratoga, Wyoming – at the base of majestic Elk Mountain in the Medicine Bow Range, and along the banks of the historic North Platte River – has an opening for a full -time seasonal / year-round Ranch Caretaker / Recreational Assistant.
In addition to salary (which will be commensurate with qualifications and experience) and benefits, this position includes on-site housing, utilities and a vehicle / fuel.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a hospitality minded individual who would enjoy living in and working as caretaker for a private ranch.
The applicant must be comfortable living in the mountains, at elevation, and be comfortable in an isolated environment. They must embrace this lifestyle and take pride in their work. They need to be able to work alone, but also be comfortable taking direction from multiple owners and/ or the ranch manager.
The ranch is also a working cattle ranch – with its own manager, crew, and housekeeper.
Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential to interact with multiple family members and their guests, as well as with other employees and service contractors to maintain a secure, cooperative, and pleasant working environment. Required computer skills include emailing and web browsing.
The duties of this position would include general property management and maintenance oversight; provide up-keep for buildings, appliances, landscaping, roads and roadways, vehicles, assorted recreational vehicles, and other improvements.
Duties to include:
• Be present and on call when family and their guests are in town
• Shuttle people to the airport in Laramie or Denver
• Assist with events and family activities at multiple locations, brandings and excursions
• Be available to drive or assist family members on ranch related drives, tours, etc.
• River floating support – haul and maintain boats and rafts – shuttle floaters
• Moving and maintaining wagons, cookers, 4 wheelers, and trailers when requested
• Wash, fuel and manage maintenance of ranch cars
• Ability to help with horses for pleasure riding is a plus
• Ensure firewood at all locations
• Set and maintain campfires at designated locations
• Purchase and stock food supplies
• Maintain picnic tables and chairs and general preventative maintenance responsibilities
• Meet with contractors and subs for repairs
• Maintain fishing equipment, ammo and targets
• Make sure roads leading to specified areas are maintained (we have equipment operators). Ability to operate road equipment is a plus.
• Clean and sweep patios and porches and keep yard free of debris
• Trash removal to on-sight dumpsters
• Must be neat, clean, well groomed, appropriately dressed, non-smoker and drug free (you will be interacting with our guests).
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Must have the ability to kneel, bend carry, stoop, climb and lift items up to 75 pounds.
• Must be able to work days, evenings, weekends or holidays during the summer months.
• Must be a self-starter who takes initiative to get things done without supervision.
• Must be flexible in dealing with guests, working hours and job requirements.
• Must possess organizational skills, excellent judgement, clear communication, professionalism, time management, troubleshooting, problem solving, information gathering etc.
• Cooking skills are not required but are a plus.
• Related experience desired.
We are looking for a long – term relationship with an applicant that embraces this lifestyle.
This can be a seasonal or year-round position. Applicant must be available to work from April 15 thru December 15.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org