Seeking Barn Help/ Seasonal Wrangler at Northern Colorado Ranch for 2017 Season
Whistling Elk Ranch
We are looking for the right person come join us at the Whistling Elk Ranch for the 2017 Summer Season.
A working ranch, offering cabin rentals, RV and tent camping to our guests along with activities like horseback riding, carriage rides and such.
As well as offer guests a place to vacation with their own horse by taking advantage of our boarding facility.
Positions available from May – September of 2017
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST HAVE PREVIOUS HORSE WRANGLING EXPERIENCE
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH HORSES OR WORKING AS A WRANGLER – DO NOT APPLY TO THIS AD!
Position is for one, single, experienced individual only.
Applicants need to be able to meet the requirements below:
Must be a US Citizen or possess a current and appropriate working visa.
Must have Valid Driver’s License.
Must have experience leading, managing trail rides along with giving horseback riding lessons in Western riding style and horsemanship.
Safety is our number one priority for both riders and horses. CPR Certification and First Aid required.
Must be able to make sound judgments on the temperaments as well as the demeanor of both ranch as well as guest horses.
Must be able to communicate with tact and clarity, exhibit a patient and knowledgeable attitude with horses, children, our guests.
Must be responsible, mature and someone who truly enjoys being around people.
Good values, accountability, integrity, as well as a self starter is a must.
Cowboy hats, long sleeve westerns, jeans, cowboy boots are our everyday wear and are required during work hours.
Rapid, compulsive obsession with cleanliness is highly valued. As well as a low tolerance for filth.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE POLICY
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Lead trail rides for our guests and visitors.
• Responsible for daily barn chores.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds (Saddles, grain bags, fence panels etc.)
• Able to halter, saddle and bridle horses without supervision.
• Maintain riding arenas in good condition, as well as trails, pastures, and fences and participate in other ranch chores as needed.
• General care of livestock: basic veterinary skills, feed and water stock, stall cleanup.
• Give riding lessons and teach basic horsemanship.
• Experience in hitching, harnessing and driving single horses and teams without assistance a plus. Not a requirement though.
Hourly pay is $10.00. 40 hour plus work week. Housing suitable for one person provided. No meals included.
Seasonal May 2017 – September 2017
If interested please give us a ring at 970-723-3284 and or send resume including picture to
Also check out our website for more info on the ranch at www.whistlingelk.com