Circle K Guest Ranch and Outfitters
1. Equine Program Director
We are looking for an outstanding equine operations director with experience in guest ranching. Must have excellent leadership, people and horse handling skills. If you are passionate about continuing to build upon an effort to offer the best horseback riding experience in Southwest Colorado and have the skills below, we would love to hear from you.
- Seasoned horseman/woman
- Experienced in natural horsemanship training and methods
- Knowledgeable and experienced in basic vetting
- Able to manage themselves, several other staff and the horses in an organized, productive and upbeat manner.
- Certified in at least basic 1st aid and cpr.
- Knowledge of and experience teaching children and adults basic riding skills
- Ability to provide mindful leadership to a group of 12+ people on and off the trail. Giving instruction and insuring the safety of all staff, guests and horses.
- Good sense of humor, outgoing personality that enjoys people.
- Ability to handle an emergency in a calm and proficient manner, giving leadership under a variety of situations.
- Must be a good role model, exhibiting character traits such as honesty, strong work ethic, patience, kindness and respect for others.
- Basic packing skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to safely use chain saws and to supervise others in doing so.
- Knowledge of proper trail, barn and fence maintenance.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record
- Experience pulling trailers and hauling horses.
- Ability to set up barn, routine for feeding, etc.
- Must exhibit good judgment and common sense in regards to people and horses and their safety.
- Good Physical Condition with ability to lift a minimum of 50 lb. (bag of grain, etc)
- Able to manage the daily health and care of our horses, schedule farrier, purchase feed, etc under the direction of the owner.
2. Guest Ranch Wrangler
Wranglers at the historic Circle K Guest Ranch are responsible for leading guest trail rides, providing horseback riding and safety instruction to riders of all ages and abilities, assisting in the care and feeding of our 45+ horses, loading and hauling horses to off-property trail sites, packing during the hunting season and various other ranch chores as needed.
As horse professionals, our wrangling team is expected to be knowledgeable in natural horsemanship, western riding, western tack, equine safety, CPR/Basic First Aid, trail riding, packing and mindful leadership. Special consideration will be given those with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Previous guest ranch wrangling experience and packing experience is a huge plus.
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden
Colorado Ranch Jobs