Seeking someone who understands and will assist with calving, animal health and the well-being of purebred cow operation. Need someone willing to jump in and assist where needed around the ranch from fixing fence to feeding cattle. Checking and maintaining pasture fences and equipment is a requirement. May assist with A.I. breeding and embryo transfer.
Prefer someone who will take ownership and invest time and talents to maintain and improve herd and operation. Must be able to effectively communicate with manager and co-workers.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Good cowman who knows cows and calves with a solid agricultural background in Ranching
- Excellent animal husbandry skills, with the ability to identify and doctor sick animals
- Purebred experience a plus, calving experience is a must
- Experience with heat detection, A.I. and ability to keep detailed records is required
- Ability to handle routine maintenance and general repairs of machinery and equipment
- Welding skills
- Ability to build and repair new and existing fences and work with electric fence
- Hay production experience
- Willingness to assist with all duties on the ranch, willing to take direction and work independently and/or as a team, stay busy without constant supervision, and have good attitude and be dependable
Rate of pay will be determined with experience, references, and stability.
Forward bio & resume to email address.
Email Address Hidden