Corner Post Meats
We are seeking a person to assist with production management responsibilities of a grass based livestock rearing and finishing ranch which supplies our small direct to consumer meats business.
The following list touches on some of the job responsibilities involved:
o Daily pasture moves of intensively grazed: cattle, pigs, meat chickens, layer hens, and lambs.
o Fence building (permanent and temporary)
o Being that we are a fully integrated direct to consumer meats business a candidate will need to be willing to assist with many aspects of the supply chain such as:
o The packaging customer’s meat orders
o Distribution of orders to pick up locations
o Transportation of livestock to the processor
o Transportation of livestock from other producers
o Our ranch has a large amount of customers visiting the ranch, this position will require a lot of public interaction with on farm pickup of meat orders, tours, educational seminars and farm to table dinners.
• This is a rewarding but demanding job with long hours in the summer.
• A small cabin will be provided for housing. The cabin is in excellent condition but less than 400 sq ft.
• A meat, egg, and vegetable stipend is included as part of this position.
• Salary will be based on experience and merit.
• A candidate for the job will need to be able to work unsupervised and be accountable for a daily and weekly task list.
• Email [email protected] for application process information.
• No previous experience is needed for the right candidate who has a good work ethic and passion for farming/ranching.
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.