Highland Hunting LLC
Highland Hunting LLC is a family owned operation located in southeast Iowa. We have been in operation for 18 years, and we strive to provide our guests the highest quality upland hunting experience on 1,500 acres of meticulously managed habitat, with a hunting lodge facility that offers all the amenities. Our sporting clays range is top of the line, the range offers seasonal open shooting hours, along with accommodating private small and large group shooting events.
As assistant manager you will be responsible for any and all tasks assigned associated with the hunting and shooting operations, this position requires a variety of skills like managing employees, excellent organizational skills, calendar management, self-motivated, driven to assist in business growth, and a passion for the hunting and shooting sport industries.
Specific duties listed below, but not limited to:
- Provide excellent customer service to clients and guests. This may include answering phones, booking hunts and events, greeting customers, and ensuring guests are enjoying their stay and experience.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Knowledge of state, and federal hunting regulations.
- Ability to conduct day to day farm work, including: animal husbandry of gamebird operation, maintain records, and prepare reports as needed.
- Manage the hunting fields, prepping fields for hunters.
- Assist in the process of processing harvested birds.
- Assist in the management of wildlife habitat, which may include: mowing, custom seeding, food plots, maintain brush, prescribed burning etc.
- Maintenance of buildings, keeping them clean, organized and in good repair.
- Shooting sport experience, or willing to learn. Assist with setting up course for private or public events, maintain equipment and manage other team members on course.
- Maintain vehicles, equipment and tools.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft software (excel, word), email, internet.
- Quickbooks knowledge, will train.
- Assist in food prep, cooking, serving, and cleaning, as needed.
- Work alongside and encourage teamwork and strong work ethic among all team members.
- Willing to learn, strong work ethic, and ability to think outside the box.
- And any other duties needed to help drive our vision and abide by our business values.
Special Requirements: Position will require working some evenings and weekends, but schedule can be flexible. Valid driver’s license. May also require use of personal vehicle for official business. Ability to lift 60+lbs.
Compensation: Starting Salary $15-$18/hour, paid vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, and provided work cell-phone. Additional benefits may be added based on performance and longevity.
Application Process: To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and three references (contact information) via email or mail to:
Ryan Giannini, Highland Hunting LLC, 3127 160th St. Riverside, IA 52327