Central Texas Ranch (North of Austin) is seeking an Assistant Ranch Manager/Ranch Hand for our +/- 800-acre high fenced ranch.
This position is a full-time position. Health insurance is provided (after 30 days). Truck & UTV provided for ranch business. Basic Housing provided on the ranch.
Salary would start at $36,000 year with opportunities to increase based upon performance.
Weekend work is required during hunting season.
Ranch Duties will include, but not limited to:
1) Assist Ranch Manager in keeping ranch operations running smoothly.
2) Deer Hunting
- Manage the Whitetail Deer herd and our MLD3 status.
- Must Love to Deer Hunt and scout.
- Identify “trophy” and “cull” bucks for lease hunter to harvest.
- Game surveys
- Set up & monitor game cameras
- Keep feeders operational (protein & corn) & full
- Coordinate stand maintenance
- Harvest as needed to assist hunters in meeting MLD3 goals
- Field Dress and quarter game for ranch guest
3) Operate & Maintain Ranch Machinery – Must be mechanically inclined.
- Compact Track Loader/Skid Steer & attachments
- Bat wing shredder
- Disc Plow
- No till Drill
- Zero Turn Mower
- Dump Trailer
4) Care for Ranch Bird Dogs
- Help train
5) Assist in Guiding Quail Hunter Groups
- Release Birds
- Assist Hunting Groups
- Clean Birds for Guest
6) Weed control/Brush Control/Cactus control
7) Ranch Road Maintenance
8) Lodge/Barn/Pool/ Lawn Maintenance
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address.