Leavitt Meadows Pack Station
Back Country / House Cook – We offer competitive wages, room and board, and a family environment in the beautiful Eastern Sierras.
The Company: Leavitt Meadows Pack Station. We are located on Hwy 108 (Sonora Pass), 7 miles from Hwy 395 and approximately 30 minutes outside of Bridgeport, California. We have been family owned and operated for 60 years. We service the Hoover Wilderness with pack trips, base camp trips, dunnage drops and hourly trail rides.
The Position: We’re looking for a back-country cook / house cook. Pay is based on experience and ability and starts at $1,200/month. Guests are encouraged to tip their cook and guide. Room and board are provided.
• Minimum age is 18
• Available to work the entire season (mid-June through the end of September)
• Stay in the back country at basecamp from Wednesday – Monday (4 – 6 times a season). Maintain camp and cook for groups up to 12 guests.
• Be in good physical condition and able to mount from the ground, assist guests on and off their horse, lift a minimum of 30lbs and have the ability to ride up to 5 hours.
• Plan and cook meals for the pack station house when not in basecamp.
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Pass a drug test
• Be flexible with tasks and willing to meet the needs of the pack station (some examples are house work, greeting guests, running errands)
• Work with minimal oversight and complete assigned tasks
Preferred but not required:
• Ability to safely guide hour rides
• Packing experience
• Care for stock in the back country
• Have your own vehicle
• Process payments and liability forms on an iPad
• Plan and cook breakfast and dinner for the pack station
• Keep main house clean
• Cook, maintain camp and host guests
• Communicate with guests and other employees in a friendly and professional manner
How to apply:
• Send contact information and qualifications to [FILLED]
• Resumes not required. If you are a potential candidate, we will email our application.
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden