Prairieland & Cattle Co
Prairie Land & Cattle Co Inc — Hardisty Alberta
Beef Cattle Manager position:
We are seeking an experienced hands on manager for our extensive cow calf/ grass finishing beef operation in east central Alberta. We are looking for someone who has the skills to breed cattle and manage their growth through to a finished animal on forages grown on our ranch.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage day to day grazing and health of the cattle herd. This requires the skills needed for cattle movement and low stress livestock handling. Presently herding dogs are used.
- Develop and implement feed strategies for non growth seasons
- Manage growth and health of our grasslands and work with cropping crew for maximum production with a focus on keeping expenses low.
- Ability to work with and manage staff and demonstrate good judgement with a positive attitude.
- Accommodation and health benefits are available as well as a competitive pay scale.
If you are interested please email a resume to Lee Drever via email.