Double T Bison Ranch
The Double T Bison Ranch near Babb, MT is a bison exclusive ranch maintaining approximately 950 mother cows grazing on 9,000 plus acres. In addition to the cow herd, the Double T Bison Ranch operates bison backgrounding/feed and grow facilities with capacities of up to 2,500 animals. The Double T Bison Ranch is seeking to fill the position of Bison Ranch Technician (BRT) who reports directly to the Director of Ranch Operations (DRO). The BRT is required to work on the property year-round.
Primary Responsibilities and Scope:
• Provide general animal husbandry activities including daily feeding and watering, facility and equipment maintenance, animal handling, animal processing, animal vaccinations, pen cleaning and other seasonal activities.
• Report of daily livestock related activities including but not limited to animal health, weather conditions, facility conditions, forage and feed consumption.
• Ensure safety and security of all assets including team members, equipment, forage, feed and animal inventories.
• Make good, independent decisions based on experience and judgements.
• Work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, on difficult and hazardous terrain and under physically demanding circumstances.
• Work hours may vary with possible evening, weekend, or holiday work required depending on the season and associated work duties.
Skills and Qualifications
• Have knowledge or willingness to learn natural livestock husbandry techniques.
• A minimum of two years’ experience working in a livestock ranch environment.
• Strong desire to be part of a dynamic, entrepreneurial work environment.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work well independently, as a member of a high functioning team and developing effective working relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Ability to lift 50+ pounds.
• Energetic, dynamic and engaging personality.
• Must have valid driver’s license and experience operating various types of equipment and machinery (trucks, tractors, ATV/UTVs, mowers, generators, pumps, etc.). CDL a plus.
• Must have general equipment maintenance and repair experience. Welding experience a plus.
• The Ranch Technician is a full-time, year-round, exempt position. Starting salary is commensurate with experience.
• Position based on ranching operation near Babb, MT.
Email resume or thorough letter of interest to [email protected]
or mail to:
Double T Bison Ranch
Attn: Ranch Technician Position
1395 S. Platte River Drive
Denver, CO 80223
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden