Chinook Bison Ranch
Bison Ranch Operations Manager Needed
The Chinook Bison Ranch near Tompkins, Saskatchewan is a bison exclusive ranch maintaining approximately 1,350 mother cows grazing on 19,000 plus acres. In addition to the cow herd, the Chinook Bison Ranch operates bison backgrounding/feed and grow facilities with capacities of up to 2,500 animals. The Ranch Operations Manager (ROM) is responsible for overseeing all aspects of an integrated bison cow/calf and feed & grow operation. The ROM is required to work on the property year-round and is responsible for ensuring all facilities, grounds and equipment are well-maintained, clean and organized. The ROM will manage livestock grazing, livestock feeding, lease relationships, water rights, water development, vendors, Government affairs, supervise ranch employees and contractors, is responsible for pasture management, supplemental feed sourcing, transportation, regulatory oversight, and care and health of all livestock.
Primary Responsibilities and Scope:
• Provide effective leadership and management of all ranch employees and contractors.
• Develop and manage annual ranch budget.
• Oversee vendor relationships.
• Report of weekly and monthly livestock related activities including but not limited to animal health, weather conditions, facility conditions, forage and feed consumption.
• Assure effective management of livestock-related relationships such as contracted operations, Veterinarians, Animal Nutritionists, Forage Suppliers, Feed Suppliers, Livestock Carriers, Animal Suppliers.
• Facilitate information flow for all animal inbound/outbound movements relating to activities such as purchase contracts, import/export requirements, relocations, and harvest loads.
• Oversee herd grazing rotation, animal handling schedule, maintenance and capital projects.
• Maximize breeding rates, weaning rates and minimize death loss.
Pls. send resume to: [email protected]
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden