Peppermint Falls Ranch
Seeking an experienced, motivated couple to live on and care for a recently purchased family owned ranch deep within the Sequoia National Forest. The immediate goals for a caretaker are to ensure the property is well looked after, assist the owners with oversight of multiple cabin remodels, and help maintain and enhance the property. Depending on permitting timing, in 2021 the role will grow to encompass managing between 2 to 5 Airbnb rental cabins and a potential small campground about a mile from the cabins. We are accepting applications immediately for a September, 2020 start date (or sooner).
- 320+ acre off grid property
- 100% surrounded by the Sequoia National Forest
- Fully paved gated forest road access, including gated 2 mile private paved road
- 5,000’ altitude keeps summers temps mild.
- All 4 seasons but most of the year is perfect, sunny, and dry CA weather.
- Multiple large waterfalls and stream flow in and out of the property
- Private trail access to Kern River and world-class fishing
- 30 minutes from the nearest neighboring privately owned land
- Several cabins and shops
- Helipad and helicopter hangar
- Corrals (but no horses at the moment)
Job qualifications and duties (including but not limited to):
- Maintenance of all rolling stock ranch equipment (tracked skid steer, brush fire truck, UTVs, etc)
- Maintenance of on-site HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, solar, generator, fueling, camera, internet systems
- Greet future Airbnb cabin rental guests at forest service gate
- Winterize irrigation systems as necessary
- Maintenance of trails, roads, and fences on property
- Landscape maintenance including trees, shrub maintenance, firewood splitting,sprinkler systems, etc.
- Care and feeding of a small number of horses that may come later
- Care for other small animals or garden that we may bring on later
- Plant annuals and maintain perennials around property
- Possible future pond maintenance
- Cleaning guest cabins after guests stay
- Pick up mail and shipments at neighboring ranch
- Work weekends and some holidays once cabin rental business is established.
- Assistance with other ranch duties when needed and as primary duties allow
- Keep road accessible with snow plow or skid steer snow blower
- Couple team must live on-site and be comfortable living in the mountains year round in an isolated environment. The property is about 1 hour from the nearest or school or place with cell phone reception, and 2 hours from the nearest city large enough to have a Walmart. Need to be able to work alone, but also be comfortable taking direction from owners.
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Pass periodic drug tests
- Strict background check and references required.
- On-site housing, utilities, phone, and internet paid for
- Incredibly beautiful place to live
- House is clean, well kept, is directly on a small trout stream with gorgeous views
- Company pickup truck, Polaris Ranger, and fuel card
- Flexible budget to acquire equipment as needed.
- Competitive salary negotiable depending on experience.
- Weekly and yearly vacation time off
- Beautiful location for living, riding, and fishing
- Nobody else on the property for many days / weeks of the year. Complete solitude.
- You can have your own horses or pets on-site if you have them.
Please email your resume. It is helpful to include a cover letter.
Email Address Hidden