Provide comprehensive, year-round caretaking services for small, recreational ranch owned by 7 families. The ranch comprises 1400 acres of contiguous deeded land adjacent to the Little Belt Mountains in the Lewis and Clark National Forest. The ranch includes a 5 bedroom lodge; caretakers home; several barns, shops and outbuildings; tack room and tack; corrals and fences; tennis/pickle ball court; trout pond; 15 +/- horses; and ranch related vehicles, tools and equipment—all of which are hereafter collectively referred to as the “buildings, facilities and equipment”. The ranch is used regularly by the owner’s families and guests for a 4-5 month period during the summer June 1-Sept 30) and is used intermittently in May, October and November. The ranch is closed for 5 months from December 1 to April 30.
The ideal candidate would exhibit good interpersonal skills and welcome living in a remote Montana environment and possess a respect for nature, wildlife.
- US citizen;
- Valid drivers license and acceptable driving record;
- Ability to perform physical tasks, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy items, bending, standing, climbing or walking;
- Ability to perform usual and customary housekeeping tasks, lawn and yard maintenance, wood cutting and splitting, shoveling, building and fence maintenance, and operate tractor and hand and power tools;
- General knowledge of building maintenance and equipment use. Mechanical repair and carpentry skills are a plus;
- General background with horses;
- Applicants must be personable, energetic, self-motivated and require little daily direction.
- Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Care, maintenance and cleaning of all ranch owned buildings, facilities and equipment;
- Arrange for/accommodate airport/vehicle shuttle for families and guests;
- Arrange for local services and maintain adequate supplies of sundries, firewood, gasoline and propane for the Lodge;
- Driveway and ranch road maintenance as necessary and regular lawn and yard maintenance for Lodge and caretaker home;
- Clean Lodge, launder towels and linens, make-up beds in Lodge, waste removal and tidy up/organize tack room as necessary (usually weekly during the summer season);
- Winter feeding/watering and summer pasture rotation of horses as necessary;
- Arrange for necessary vet care and shoeing and shoe removal for horses;
- Assist with purchase and sale of horses as necessary;
- Assist with horses as requested by ranch owners, their families and guests;
- Maintain schedule for use of ranch by the owners, their families and guests;
- Pay bills and maintain accurate bookkeeping for income from user fees and for ranch related expenditures;
- License vehicles and coordinate with USFS and BLM for permit/lease;
- Timely communication with the ranch president regarding ranch issues/problems and report to the owners at the annual ranch meeting;
- Provide information to and do all lawful tasks reasonably requested by the owners for the enjoyable use of the ranch and the ranch buildings, facilities and equipment by the owners, their families and guests;
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of the owners, their families and guests;
- As time permits, especially during the off-season, improve and upgrade ranch owned buildings, facilities, vehicles, corrals, tack, tools and equipment, consistent with employees’ experience and ability.
Salary: Compensation includes use of year-round 4 bedroom furnished home with attached 2 car garage plus utilities; use of the ranch pickup and gasoline for ranch related activities; plus additional salary and benefits to be determined, depending on qualifications and experience.
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden