Kalcevic Farms Inc.
Multi-Generational Family Farm in Eastern Colorado looking for experienced, motivated active person to assist with all aspects of our farm with a focus on crop production.
Location: Lindon, Colorado
Employee Type: Full Time
Industry: Production Agriculture: Wheat, Corn, Millet, Sunflower, Milo, Forage, Cattle (Cow Calf)
Job Type: Crop production and cattle operations assistant to department manager. Person who has a passion for agriculture and has the desire and knowledge to farm.
Experience: Tractor, truck (semi with grain trailer) planters, air seeders farm work with large equipment. An agronomy background or degree and or spray applicator license desired. Other certification and licenses desired. Example, Diesel mechanics, welding certification. Livestock management or experience with cow, calf.
Purpose: Seeking a skilled, hardworking individual to fill a full time, year-round farm assistant position.
Duties and Responsibilities would be but not limited to:
• Self- starter, and able to work alone or with other employees.
• Assist and work with employees and other operators
• Machine operation, maintenance and repair.
• Maintain good attitude and self-worth
• Livestock feeding, fencing, and assisting with calving
• Includes additional hours based on seasonal work
Education, Licensing and certification:
• Colorado Private Applicators License. A Plus
• Valid Driver’s license and clean driving record. A requirement
• Additional Certifications such as welding, precision agriculture experience
• Diesel mechanic, or other training’s a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Inside shops and outside in fields and pens. Weather sensitive.
• Physical work involving loading and unloading seed, fueling equipment changing tires.
• Ladder climbing, to access vehicles and loading equipment.
• Hours may include some nights, weekends as required by the cropping and calving season.
• Housing may be available based on performance and need.
Pay: Commensurate with experience, base wage between $12.00 to $16.00. Other benefits such as, medical, dental, 401K, and housing may be available if 60 trial is meet and performance is satisfactory.
Years of experience preferred: 3 yrs
Additional Certificates, College education and training will add to pay rate. 3 bedroom one bath house on site
Salary: $35,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
How to Apply: submit resumes to [email protected] or call 303-644-3443 for additional information and a job application. Start: ASAP. Position is open now.