Flying B Bar Ranch
Flying B Bar Ranch, LLC
Cattle & Grazing Manager
Salary – $50,000 – $60,000 Depending on experience, ranch housing included
Are you an individual that is interested in pushing the cutting edge of regenerative agriculture? Come be part of a leading, progressive farm and ranch operation in Eastern Colorado. Flying B Bar Ranch in Strasburg is looking to hire a team member to fill a working Cattle & Grazing Manager position. We are a grass-fed Wagyu/Angus cattle operation in pursuit of improving soil health through regenerative ranching practices. Our team cares for each animal using the highest humane standards. We are seeking a dynamic, data-driven manager who is familiar with holistic management and comfortable working in a dynamic learning environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position will manage all cattle operations including grazing planning, herd management, finishing, and infrastructure development. This person will work closely with our farm manager and online store manager. You will work with varying team sizes, from working alone to managing 2 or 3 individuals helping at the peak times of the season.
- Raise and produce an animal to the American Grass-fed Association and Flying B Bar standards
- Develop, implement, and manage the grazing plans following holistic & intensive practices
- Monitor, manage and maintain herd health
- Develop and maintain relationships with producer partners
- Develop work plan in coordination with the farming manager
- Relationship management with neighbors, partners, landlords, and slaughter facility
- Work with State and Federal agencies to identify, apply and manage disaster relief and cost-share funding
- General equipment repairs and maintenance
- Maintain brand inspections
- Cattle feeding and hauling
- Manage for pasture and soil health
- Assess lease productivity and financial viability
- Manage infrastructure projects
- Coordinate with the retail team on slaughter schedule
- Extensive experience with grazing planning for multiple herds
- Strong desire to improve processes and systems to increase efficiency
- Ability to think strategically about resource management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong record-keeping ability
- Strong time management and task prioritization skills
- Evening, weekend, and holiday availability
- Tech-savvy with working knowledge of PC and MS applications
- General mechanic skills a must
- Good driving record and comfortable hauling cattle
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience
Compensation based on experience. Benefits include a monthly health insurance stipend, cell phone stipend, and two weeks of paid personal time.
To apply: For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter to our email address.
Visit website here: https://www.flyingbbar.com/
Email Address Hidden
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.