Heartland Estate Staffing
– Registered cattle production experience
– Artificial Insemination and Embryo Transfer experience (at a minimum:
experience assisting professionals in artificial insemination breeding
and embryo flushing and transfer work)
– Excellent Cattle Husbandry practices, including calving, health and
– Organizational skills and passion for cattle industry
– General Knowledge of genetics and nutrition
– Ultrasound experience a plus
– Comfortable with horses and competent rider – although not a
significant part of the job
– Able to catch, weigh and medicate newborn calves – experience in
pulling calves, not essential
– ATTENTION TO DETAIL extremely important
Fullblood Wagyu Cattle Herdsman for a New Mexico ranch, who knows registered cattle, organization and who can think outside the box. This person will be responsible for the health of the herd (including calving), preventative health, treatment and nutrition. This person will assist with AI, ET, etc.; assist with the logistics for cattle auctions (halter breaking of calves, clipping, trimming, etc). Attention to detail is very important. Operation has production sales.
Calving virtually all year round. There is a ranch manager on staff. Must be comfortable working under the supervision of Ranch Manager.
• Herd size: 325 Fullblood breeding-age cows; 125 heifer calves; 25 bulls;
75 steers; 115 recipient cows; and 235 steers and heifers off-site (in
• Ranch size: 28,000 acres.
• Farm: 80 acres irrigated pivot sprinkler
Person will need to know or learn blood lines, breeding, electronic tracking, have good organizational skills and prefer good computer skills. A plus if person has a B.S. in animal science or related field.
• Compensation: $25,000 to $35,000, depending on experience and abilities.
• Benefits: House, health insurance, Internet, utilities, beef.
To apply: Please email a copy of your resume with “Ranch Herdsman” in the subject line to [FILLED]
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden