As Ranch Foreman, your role is to manage all operations of our 300+ working cow-calf operation on a 4 thousand acre family-owned cattle ranch. The ranch has been producing prime cattle since 1975. Responsibilities include all aspects of ranch management including ensuring cattle health, safety, nutrition, reproduction, calf development, and weaning. Pasture management/maintenance, forage procurement/management and farm ground management/maintenance are a must.
Your role will ensure that herd health protocols are followed and implemented in a quality and timely manner. Care and maintenance of facilities and equipment is followed and documented. Managing our feeding program to ensure herd health and development in the most economical manner.
Job Responsibilities include…..
- Ensuring the heard health and development are followed and documented
- Ensure care and maintenance of facilities and equipment are followed and documented
- Work with USDA programs
- Manage farm ground to maximize economic productivity, whether it is for cash crops or cattle forage for the ranch
- Knowledge of planting, cutting, and bailing hay
- Manage grazing (fencing, rotational grazing, water and supplemental feeding if required)
- Understanding how to develop an annual budget and financial forecast
- Housing included on ranch ground (includes water, electricity, garbage)
- Access to ranch vehicles for ranch work
- Background check will be done before the initial meeting. Must be willing to pass a drug test, this is a drug free work place. Must have a valid driver’s license. Willing to provide work references that will be contacted prior to employment.
Forward bio & resume to our email address.