Domestic Manager/Caretaker Position in the Rocky Mountains of Montana 20 minutes from Augusta
We have a small private former guest ranch that is in need of a capable and trustworthy couple who are able to help take care of many aspects of life here in the mountains with little supervision. This is a part-time residence for the owners. Only animals on the property are horses that are used for private riding only. No livestock. Includes 5 cabins, a barn, a lodge and a gym/workshop.
Things to do for maintaining property:
– washing exterior buildings, decks and windows and screens.
– lawn care and weed control.
– road maintenance including grading.
– buildings maintenance/care and any fence rails requiring attention.
– cleaning: Cabins, lodge, barn, gym. All appliances inside and out, floors, bathrooms, windows and doors, dusting including annual upper logs and ledges, polishing, clean fireplaces (glass and ashes), cobwebs, kitchen counters, dishes (washing and putting away), bed sheets replaced once a week (when we are there only), laundry.
– oil leather (furniture and saddles) one time per year,
– cooking: including all aspects of meal plan; preparation, serving, clean-up) for the owners when they are at the house and for the occasional guests during visits.
– getting groceries prior to our arrival, including maintaining all supplies needed (cleaning and toiletries).
– winterizing buildings in the fall.
– maintenance and use of mechanical equipment.
– fly control and mice/rat/rodent control if needed, fly bomb in the spring in all cabins & lodge.
– cut firewood and general property maintenance for fire.
– basic plumbing, property/furniture/repair, general hardware, electrical maintenance.
– trash hauling/recycling as required.
– trailers to be maintained and cleaned after use.
– general communication with contractors, representing ranch.
– tree harvesting and wood storage for fireplaces.
– prepare property for arrival of owners.
– weekly update and task completion list.
Expectations and offer:
– living quarters (cabin with all amenities and fully furnished) will be provided as part of contract. Includes wifi and phone.
– you will have full access to facilities at the ranch including access to the National Forest, gym and movie theatre.
– ability to take on other contract work in the valley, as long as you give us a list of all jobs that you take on and it does not interfere with your work at the ranch.
– owner to provide equipment for maintenance and repair of property.
– ranch truck, fuel, and insurance provided for use on property and use for ranch business.
– this offer is a contract work, not as employees, which is our preference.
– days off must be approved by the owners. One day of vacation earned every month you work.
– weekends off when owners are not on property (after horses are fed.)
– you will have use of horses if appropriate for your skill level.
Salary: $40,000 per year for both
We would like professional references during the interview process. You are welcome to eat with the family when they are there, but otherwise, you will provide your own groceries. Requires valid driver licenses. Background check required. Additionally, we are looking for people who are polite, clean-cut, don’t drink, smoke or do drugs of any sort. No pets please. Plumbing, driving heavy machinery and electrical knowledge will be given preference. There is a great opportunity for a long term position if you thrive in this environment. Serious inquiries only.
The successful applicants will have motivation, experience, flexibility, trustworthiness, above average work ethic, no-drama. They will be self-starters, teachable, friendly, accountable and like-minded with the family.
We are looking forward to a work and personal relationship with you and to welcoming you to our little slice of heaven.
Please contact us with bio & resume: [FILLED]
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden