Bar T Bar Ranch Inc
Bar T Bar Ranch is looking for a qualified cowboss.
The ranch is roughly 350,000 acres of combination private/public land. We have both a commercial herd of cattle, and a registered herd. We sell roughly 200-250 Balancer bulls per year in the spring, and we sell our commercial heifers as bred heifers in the fall.
We have two headquarters, one on the winter country, and one on the summer country. That being said, we move twice a year to follow the cattle, so you will have two residences.
We are a family friendly outfit, and encourage involvement of children or spouses for appropriate tasks.
Duties below, subject to change based on the qualifications of the individual we choose to hire:
- Help to manage a crew of 2-5 cowboys, with the ability to delegate tasks to maximize efficiency
- Communicate to management any changing range/water conditions, and any needs for maintenance on other facilities or assets.
- Look for ways to maximize forage utilization, i.e. move cattle to the next water source when feed is low in current location.
- Facilitate cattle movements, delegating help as needed to accomplish needed tasks
- Responsible for ensuring fences are up and in good condition before moving cattle into a pasture
- Manage the cavvy of ranch horses, scheduling vaccinations, make recommendations on what to sell, and how to replace. Responsible for all health, and that they are in good condition. Communicate any issues or needs to management.
- Must be able to shoe horses, and be willing to teach others.
- Direct operations during calving, ensuring that calves are being tagged properly, and records are accurate. As we sell seedstock cattle, records are paramount to what we do.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of cattle movements, morbidity and mortality.
- Maintain and improve upon facilities including buildings, corrals, and other infrastructure
- Strive for a clean, neat surrounding, it makes for a much more pleasant experience.
- Look ahead to the next project, and make sure you have what you will or may need beforehand if possible.
- Seek out and pursue cost savings at every opportunity, without sacrificing performance or output.
- Teach and educate other employees, this helps all of us in the long run if we all know how the ranch operates.
Salary is DOE, Housing is included. Health insurance, 401K, tax free grocery allowance, life insurance, dental and vision are available at discounted rate, work vehicle.
Will feed some personal horses, geldings only. Opportunity to run some of your own cattle on the ranch also.
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address.
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden