Round-Up 80 Ranch Ltd
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Monitoring health, breeding programs and general well-being of cattle; administering basic health-care remedies; assisting with regular calving duties; riding ranges; maintaining fences, unloading hay; general equipment maintenance; and, other core tasks associated with a cow-calf operation.
– Feeding cattle and pen checking in the winter on a daily basis.
– Moving cows on a regular basis on horseback in the summer and winter.
– Processing calves in the spring and fall.
– Feeding calves in a feedlot in the fall; providing general feed lot maintenance.
– Supervising and directing activities of junior employees.
– Previous experience working with all aspects of a cow-calf operation.
– Demonstrated working knowledge of animal husbandry practices.
– Previous experience with feeding cattle in all seasons.
– Experienced horsemanship.
– Previous experience operating all ranch-related equipment.
– Mechanically inclined with ability to provide general equipment maintenance.
– Demonstrated ability to work independently.
– Self-motivated with ability to initiate independent solutions in problem situations.
– Valid class 5 drivers licence.
– 10+ years of experience working on a cow-calf ranch.
– Direct participation in further study of cattle health, feeding and breeding practices.
– Direct participation in further study of pasture grassland maintenance.
– Management of employees.
– Class 1 license.
– Experience with heavy equipment operation.
– Grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
– Has their own horses.
– Experienced with using cattle dogs.
– Local knowledge of the region.
– $38-$55,000/year, based on experience.
– Profit sharing program that will be administered after one full year of employment.
– 2 weeks paid vacation that graduates to 3 weeks after one full year of employment.
– 3 bedroom, 2400 sq. foot modernized house.
– House and all utilities are subsidized at a cost of $500/month to the employee.
– 2 days off per week. Will need to work every 2nd weekend.
Option for couples:
– There will be an opportunity for the employment of the successful candidate’s spouse on a part-time/seasonal basis.
– There is a K-9 school in close proximity to the ranch (10 minute bus ride).
– Can lead to ranch management position.
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden