George Ranch Historical Park
- 2-5 years relevant experience in horsemanship, livestock management, or general ranch work
- High school diploma required
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills required; public speaking experience preferred
- Self-motivated; independent worker
- Ability to work effectively with diverse persons and groups
Summary of Position:
- This position coordinates livestock evaluation, feeding, maintenance of livestock areas and cowboy skills portion of the GRHP Cowboy Program
- This position provides supervision of volunteers performing Cowboy Shows/Demonstrations
- Participate in daily 1930’s inspired cattle demonstrations. Including:
- – – Ranch-style roping and ground work
- – – Dipping vat demonstration
- – – Working chute demonstration
- Oversee and perform daily chores including but not limited to:
- – – Cleaning stalls
- – – Sweeping barns
- – – Minor repairs of pens and fences
- – – Moving and stacking hay
- – – Working Longhorn cattle
- – – Feeding and watering livestock
- – – Repairing/cleaning tack
- Share the history of the ranch with guests of all ages during cattle demonstrations, public programming and school programs. Including but not limited to:
- – – Giving input to Site Lead about horse and livestock logistics portions of the Cowboy Show
- – – Training and organizing volunteers in horse and livestock skills needed for Cowboy Show
- Assisting with interpreting and teaching about cowboy and ranch life for any of the four eras in the ranch’s history
- a) Trains and oversees Cowboy Show volunteers
- b) Represents the George Ranch Historical Park as needed with organizations and individuals requesting historical knowledge or expertise
- c) Feeds Ranch animals on alternating Sundays with Site Lead
- Must believe in and promote GRHP’s mission and act in accordance with GRHP policies and procedures.
- Must display emotional stability and mature judgment.
- Must have ability to work effectively with diverse persons and groups.
- Must be customer-service oriented, be able to communicate effectively, and be organized.
- Must be able to foster teamwork and train, supervise and direct the work of on-site staff. Must be able to positively motivate on-site staff.
- Ability to work both independently and as a contributing member of a peer management team.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Routinely moves furniture, program items and other heavy equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be comfortable in an unairconditoned space and must be able to facilitate Cowboy shows and demonstrations for long periods of time.
Must be available to work a flexible schedule, nights and weekends as needed.
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden