Fantastic opportunity for Full or Part time dog trainer/handler. We are private family hunting ranch (no commercial hunting) based in central Florida looking for an experienced dog trainer/handler to work/train our team of English Pointers, Labradors and English Cocker Spaniels. The position is full time from October through to end of April but could be year round for the right person. The ranch is fully equipped with newly built kennels capable of holding 40 plus dogs that have full AC throughout. There is a three bedroom house set in its own grounds along with kenneling for a further 12 dogs and its own training yard exclusively available to the dog trainer.
There are full time kennel persons also employed to ensure a shared workload throughout the week and at weekends when doing daily chores such as cleaning, feeding, grooming etc. In addition to the kennels there is a fully stocked training ground of approximately 600 acres set aside purely for the training and development of the hunting dogs. The trainer would also have access to lakes found on the ranch for training. There is a purpose built UTV along with various dog trailers for exclusive use of the dog trainer/handler as well as all the usual dog training equipment
Purpose: To train and handle on hunt days the ranches English Pointers, Labradors and English Cocker Spaniels to the highest of professional levels.
Our Goal: Is to establish a world-class private training facility in the U.S. that adheres to the British style of training hunting dogs. We are looking for someone with a passion for dog training and hunting with dogs, that person need not be an established professional dog trainer. Ideally, the candidate would have an interest in the British style of dog training and be able to combine the best of both, American and British methods when training the Amistad Hunting dogs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the current kennel staff in day-to-day management of a busy hunting kennel.
- Perform all actions of training and maintaining dogs to finished level for hunting purposes
- House and care for family dogs during vacation or family travel
- Assist the ranch manager in establishing and adhere to approved kennel budget
- Assist the current kennel staff in maintaining cleanliness of kennels and supplies to a satisfactory level
Skills and Abilities:
- Work outside for long periods of time and in all kinds of weather
- Ability to perform tasks that require physical strength and endurance
- Ability to work variable hours
- Ability to work both weekday and weekends on occasion
- National and global travel may be required
- Proven record of strong interest in training dogs and hunting with dogs
- Patient even tempered person
- Clean Driving license
- Hunting background
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden