Hawkeye Hunting Club
Seeking full time dog trainer who will also upland bird guide during season. Experience in upland bird dog training is preferred. Additional experience guiding upland bird hunts with high end clientele and instructing shotgun shooters is a plus. Pay is salary plus tips. Job will require longer hours including weekends during the hunting season (October – March). Business located in the Piney Woods of East Texas, 1.5 hours from Shreveport, LA.
- Feed, exercise and train kennel of approximately 30 hunting dogs to both point and retrieve.
- Clean and maintain kennels.
- Deworm dogs on regular schedule.
- Bathe and groom dogs as necessary.
- Transport dogs to and from vet as necessary.
- Maintain vet and registration records.
- Guide upland bird hunts (October – March)
- Guide shooting sports activities (year round)
- Properly clean company and guest guns after each shooting activity
- Keep hunt vehicles clean and maintained to standards
- Keep property clean of trash
- Have a friendly, welcoming and professional appearance and demeanor with strong verbal communication skills
- Be a team player
- Must be punctual and dependable
- Must be able to work alone for extended periods of time with the dogs
- Have a desire and ability to spend a significant time outdoors
- Have a passion for the outdoors – hunting, shooting, fishing
- Have a passion for providing high quality guest service
- Be detail oriented
- Be able to observe and solve problems with a minimum of supervision
- Be willing to be trained in our method of dog handling, upland guiding and then be able to train full time and part time guides
- Must be available to work some weekends and holidays
- Must be able to meet physical demands of the job including lifting dogs over 50 pounds
Years of Experience preferred: 2+ preferred
Forward bio & resume to email below:
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden