J MAR & Associates
DOMESTIC COUPLE: Handyman/Groundskeeper & Housekeeper
Southern New Mexico/West Texas Location
Seeking a Domestic Couple with gardening, handyman and housekeeping experience to tend to six homes and grounds located on a Carlsbad, New Mexico area private ranch. Relocation assistance is available.
The opportunity includes an annual salary for the couple (amount depends on experience), paid time off, housing, utilities, and truck for work use. This is a salaried full-time position for a married couple seeking long-term employment. Standard work hours are Monday – Friday, 8 hours a day. Some weekends and holidays may be required. Comp time is allotted to cover extra hours worked.
- General housekeeping experience/capable of cleaning and upkeeping multiple homes on the property
- Experience deep cleaning private homes.
- Cleaning responsibilities to include:
- – – Kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, living areas, mudrooms, and porches.
- – – General dusting, mopping, vacuuming, window cleaning, grill, and fireplace cleaning.
- – – Laundry to include washing, drying, and folding of towels, linens, and owner’s clothing. Some ironing.
- Coordinating with owner regarding grocery needs. Shop for food and supplies, place in bins, and refrigerator as appropriate.
- Prepare homes for family and guest arrivals.
- Physically able to work outdoors and climb ladders.
- General handyman knowledge and abilities.
- Ability to safely operate mowers and other equipment including power and hand tools.
- Experience mowing, edging, trimming, weeding, fertilizing, removing fallen limbs, tree pruning, flower planting, pest baiting, and other special projects.
- Knowledgeable of irrigation systems and watering cycles.
- Raking/leveling gravel roads near houses, as needed. Pressure washing sidewalks, as needed.
- Keeping fire and barbeque pits maintained and ready for use. Checking propane levels and filling, as necessary.
- General home maintenance and troubleshooting experience including generators, faucets, toilets, filters, light bulbs, etc. Coordinating larger household service and repairs.
- Experience servicing trucks, mowers, and four-wheelers.
- Preparing owner vehicles for visits – ensuring they are clean, filled with gas, and oil has been checked.
- Couple must have a solid work history in housekeeping and groundskeeping at a ranch, estate, or guest lodge(s).
- Assist owners and their guests during visits to the ranch.
- Ability to work independently, identify problems, and find solutions.
- Communicate with the owners and/or ranch managers daily.
- Solid computer skills (email, internet, simple recordkeeping).
- Both parties must have a valid driver’s license and be able to pass a criminal background screen.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- No children living at home.
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address.
Email Address Hidden
All Ranch Jobs, Groundskeeping Jobs, Guest / Dude Ranch Jobs, Housekeeping Jobs, Private Ranch Jobs, Ranch Caretaker Jobs, Ranch Hand Jobs, Ranch Handyman / Maintenance Jobs, Ranch Jobs for Couples / Teams