Diamond Ranches, LLC
Duties include hands-on general horse care, stable keeping and ranch work including but not limited to:
- Exercising horses
- Feed horses, administer supplements and medications.
- Supply clean water and hay in barns
- Fill water tanks in runs, paddocks and pastures and clean when necessary
- Check automatic waterers for proper functioning and clean when necessary
- Check hay huts to make sure horses have enough hay for the day
- Clean buckets used for water or feed
- Muck and clean stalls, add fresh shavings when necessary
- Check horses for injuries and lameness
- Managing horse clothing such as flymasks, turnout blankets, sheets, etc
- Provide basic support to veterinarians and farriers, such as catching and holding horses
- Clean the barns: sweep the aisles, tack rooms, feed room, wash rack, tack-up areas and loft, clean out cob webs, empty trash and restock paper supplies
- General stable keeping
- Help as needed with various light-duty ranch work
Prefer to have experience with the daily care and handling of horses, general stable keeping, and ranch work. Ideal candidate has customer service skills and is personable, dedicated, reliable, and have transportation. Must be able to lift heavy items, including hay bales and feedbags weighing approximately fifty pounds. Must be a team player as well as hard worker as long hours are required. Must be available to work weekdays, evenings and weekends. Experienced horsemanship is a plus as well as an intact Moral Compass.
Job Type: Full-Time
Ask us about housing opportunities.
• Equine: 1 year (Preferred)
• Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
• There will be opportunities to learn horsemanship from skilled horsemen.
To apply email [FILLED]
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden