Erik’s Ranch is a 501 (c) 3 not-for-profit organization that provides a unique living, working, and social environment for young adults with autism in beautiful Paradise Valley. If leading trail rides for guests, caring for horses, and making a difference in the lives of young adults with autism appeals to you we want to hear from you!
This position requires a person experienced with training and managing horses, as well as managing guests at a guest ranch property. You must also be willing and able to work with high-functioning young adults on the autism spectrum.
• Must be able to commit from May 2019 to October 31st, 2020
• Previous experience in a leadership role appreciated
• Must possess effective communications skills
• A positive attitude, willingness to go above and beyond for guests, and a sense of humor are appreciated
• Experience with special needs individuals a plus
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Guest check-ins
• Lead all trail rides
• Manage support staff
• Horse training, maintenance, and health
• Pasture rotation and hay management
• Manage tack, equipment, arena, and all associated areas
• Assist with all ranching duties including but not limited to maintenance, housekeeping, landscaping, and anything needed for ranch operations
• Maintain tack and equipment so it’s always ready for trail rides
• Assist with vet care
• Report and aid repair of unsafe trails, fences, or hazards
• Monitor and maintain product inventory (guest’s amenities, feed, and general supplies)
• Be an ambassador for our mission during guest interactions
• Outgoing, friendly, ethical, responsible, and committed
• Ability to multi-task and alter priorities at short notice
• Works well both as a team and as an individual.
• Ability to remain calm in all situations
• Must demonstrate creative problem-solving skills and adaptability
• Heavy lifting (must be able to lift 75 lbs.)
• Able to work outside in all elements
• Able to work flexible and demanding hours
• Must be able to walk on various terrain
• Must be able to ride horses effectively for excess of 4 hours per day
Working here means surrounding yourself with the great outdoors and the rugged individualism the West has always been known for. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to strengthen your skills many and varied-in an incredible setting. It is not a job, but more a Western lifestyle.
Years of experience preferred:
Salary commensurate with experience.
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden