JOB TITLE: Equipment Operator
LOCATION: Fairfield, TX
REPORTS TO: Ranch Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Sellmark Ranch Equipment Operator performs complex (journey-level) work in the operation of heavy and light equipment. Work involves coordinating the maintenance, operation, and repairs of equipment. They work under general supervision and management of the Sellmark Ranch Manager, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Operates a variety of light and heavy equipment involved in construction and maintenance projects such as rollers, graders, track hoes, backhoes, front-end loaders, forklifts, dump trucks, or bulldozers.
- Perform ranch construction and maintenance duties as needed for dams, ponds, roads, crop fields, food plots, forestry and lumber, and other activities that require heavy and light equipment use.
- May assist in activities where equipment is needed for land management, hunting and food plots, haying operations, and cattle operations.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections, routine servicing, and minor repairs on equipment.
- Ensures adherence to safety standards when operating equipment.
- Prepares and maintains records, files, and reports on timekeeping, equipment, inventory, and accidents.
- Inspects equipment to ensure that it meets specifications.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The employee is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from a standard senior high school or equivalent is generally preferred. Experience and education may be substituted for one another
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid drivers license with a clean driving record.
- Skilled in operation principles and practices and maintenance of heavy and light equipment.
- Understands basic vehicle mechanics, and applicable industry safety standards, guidelines, and specification codes.
- Knowledgeable in the use of heavy and light equipment, hand and power tools, equipment, and mechanical devices of the trade.
- Superior skill and experience managing complicated timelines with limited resources.
- Levelheaded with ability to problem-solve under deadline pressure and large workloads.
- Movement and transportation of equipment – up to 80 lbs.
- Work hours beyond normal schedule to meet project deadlines.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate hand tools (may include operating industrial machinery). Must be able to lift up to (80) pounds. Specific work assignments may change without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The majority of work will be performed in a non-climate-controlled environment, will be exposed to severe inclement weather and varying degrees of extreme temperature. Will be exposed to various industrial chemicals, cleaning agents, etc. Will be exposed to strong odors, and loud noise levels.
Schedules will vary depending on business needs, and may entail working nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be flexible to work outside of normal operating hours during different ranch peak seasons.
COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION, BENEFITS AND TRAINING
- 401(k) match.
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- Generous paid vacation.
TO APPLY: Forward bio & resume to our email address.
Email Address Hidden