Seeking a long-term manager for an elite equestrian facility. You will be our 'go to' that can handle all issues that occur throughout our horse training and boarding operation. You have prior experience with English riding (e.g., eventing, hunter / jumpers). You will interact with our clients and trainer to ensure a high standard of client satisfaction. You must be able to work well in a group while being able to oversee a small team, work side-by-side with the team, and execute projects on your own.
- Oversee the day-to-day stables operation and completion of projects while supervising and working alongside one to two ranch hands in daily, weekly, and monthly activities.
- Act as the face of the stables operations to highly discerning clients.
- Take a hands-on approach to getting work done including everything down to mucking stalls when necessary.
- Have an aptitude for strategic planning and identifying areas of improvements and savings.
- Ensure immaculate appearance and cleanliness of the facility and 24 acre grounds including landscaping and pond management.
- Perform basic repairs including broken fencing, damaged or broken water pipes, and maintenance of horse jumps.
- Groom indoor and outdoor arenas.
- Relocate horse jumps regularly.
- Maintain equipment – servicing and minor fixing.
- Tack up horses for lessons and wash / brush horses down.
- Turn out and turn in of horses while handling two or three at a time.
- Prepare meals for 20 or more horses.
- Manage horse treadmill program and operations.
- Provide minor first aid for horses when necessary.
- Must respect horses.
- Proven managerial experience and strong leadership skills including hiring and managing teams.
- Ability to communicate with clients, crew, trainer and owner.
- Demonstrated pride and ownership in quality of work and facility appearance.
- Experience with eventing, dressage or hunter / jumper disciplines preferred.
- Knowledge of basic medical care of horses.
- Ability to operate and maintain a tractor, mower, gator, and landscaping implements.
- Welding and carpentry skills.
- Physically able to work outdoors on uneven terrain or all types of weather.
- Eagerness to work a full and robust day.
- Take charge aptitude and accountability for the safety of the property.
- Must be flexible with schedule.
- No drugs, no smoking.
- We offer competitive wages, housing with utilities paid, and a beautiful work atmosphere.
- Spanish speaking is a plus but not required.
To apply: Contact Steve at via phone or email.
Visit website here: https://appleequestrian.com/
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.