Seeking a full-time stable hand for an elite equestrian facility. You will be part of our three-person team who handle operations throughout our horse training and boarding operation. You work well in a group and execute projects on your own.
- Feed horses grain (2x/day) and hay (4x/day).
- Clean and refill water buckets.
- Muck stalls and bed with shavings.
- Sweep and clean aisle ways, grooming bays, wash racks, tack room, office, etc.
- Provide general upkeep and ensure immaculate appearance and cleanliness of the facility and 24 acre grounds including landscaping and pond management.
- Perform basic repairs including broken fencing, damaged or broken water pipes, and maintenance of horse jumps.
- Groom indoor and outdoor arenas.
- Relocate horse jumps regularly.
- Maintain equipment – servicing and minor fixing.
- Tack up horses for lessons and wash / brush horses down.
- Turn out and turn in of horses while handling two or three at a time.
- Manage horse treadmill program and operations.
- Provide minor first aid for horses when necessary.
- Must respect horses.
- Ability to communicate with crew, trainer and owner.
- Demonstrated pride and ownership in quality of work and facility appearance.
- Experience with eventing, dressage or hunter / jumper disciplines preferred.
- Knowledge of basic medical care of horses.
- Ability to operate and maintain a tractor, mower, gator, and landscaping implements.
- Welding and carpentry skills are a plus.
- Physically able to work outdoors on uneven terrain or all types of weather.
- Eagerness to work a full and robust day (your day starts at 6am and ends at 5pm with a one hour lunch break).
- Take charge aptitude and accountability for the safety of the property.
- No drugs, no smoking.
- Spanish speaking is a plus but not required.
Salary: Wages start at $600 per week or more based on experience (six day work week) including a shared two bedroom apartment with all utilities paid.
To apply: Please Contact Steve via phone or email.
Visit website here: https://appleequestrian.com/