We are seeking a stable, experienced couple who is interested in a part-time caretaker position in exchange for housing on-site (1 bedroom barn apartment) and access to the use of our ranch property. The property is 20+ acres, fully fenced and cross-fenced, in rural East Paso Robles, yet only 5 minutes into the town of El Paso de Robles. Our neighbors are all vineyards and it is a very peaceful place to be with amazing vineyard views.
There is a main house on the property which is being used as a seasonal vacation rental. The work around the main house involves mainly landscaping and grounds maintenance, light exterior home maintenance (blowing leaves, sweeping, straightening outdoor furniture) between guests, fence maintenance, irrigation maintenance (winterization). Specialty tasks like after guest cleaning and pool maintenance are handled by a professional cleaning and pool service.
Ranch experience desired:
- Tractor Maintenance (John Deere)
- Landscape: weed abatement/whacking, tree pruning and care, seasonal fruit picking, fire break maintenance
- Rodent abatement (mainly ground squirrels)
- Barn/Fence maintenance
- Dirt road maintenance (patch holes)
- Familiar with the care of chickens, collecting eggs, feed and care
- Assistance with other ranch duties as time allows.
- Wood work, Light carpentry
Opportunity for paid work may arise depending on your skillset.
In exchange for your part-time work, the position includes:
- On-site housing in a 1-bedroom barn apartment
- Utilities included: water, electricity, Internet access
- Access to use of the land with owner permission (grazing animals, growing some vegetable crops, etc.)
Must live on-site, can bring your livestock and pets with permission. There will be a background and references check.
To inquire, please email an introductory message and resume highlighting the past caretaker experience(s) you have had.