Full-time, long-term ranch hand for a family-owned and operated cattle and sheep operation in eastern central Wyoming. Applicant must be an honest, hard-working self-starter with a positive attitude that enjoys working independently. This is a position in which no two days are the same. The ideal candidate would have a background with sheep and cattle, mechanical & welding skills, as well as equipment operation and maintenance experience. Duties include all aspects of ranch work. We use horses and side-by-sides/ATVs for livestock work. We generally do not allow dirtbikes/motorcycles. Applicant must have a valid driver’s license and be able to pass a background check.
Responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
- Feeding (with a tractor or pickup with bale bed/cake feeder) a minimum of 3x/week— approximately November-May
- Range lambing and calving—April-June
- Shearing—late April, early May
- Branding our calves and helping neighbors—April-July
- Docking—late June
- Haying—late summer
- Shipping & preg-checking—October-November
- Repairing fence and fence construction projects (e.g. installing new corners, braces, gates, limited lengths of new fence line)
- Putting out salt and mineral
- Doctoring livestock
- Ensuring availability of water and proper function of solar wells, other water sources
- Maintaining ranch property, buildings, corrals, roads, and equipment
- Equipment operation (tractors, skidsteer, backhoe, fast-attack fire truck, pickups, side-by-sides)
- Competitive starting salary and opportunities for raises, winter and summer bonuses commensurate with an applicant’s performance and experience.
- 3 bedroom, 2 bath ranch house with utilities provided (this includes high-speed internet)
- 1 beef each year as well as lamb and pork as desired
- Worker’s compensation insurance
- Ranch vehicles for ranch use
- Flexible schedule & time off
- Stipend added to monthly salary for employee to acquire personal health insurance
- Pasture and feed available for personal horses, dogs
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address.