Rainbow Pack Outfitters
Experienced packer wanted for seasonal job in the Eastern Sierras located near Bishop, CA. Season runs from June to late September. Room and board provided. Salary based on experience.
Applicant must have previous horse and packing experience, farrier skills are a plus. Must be comfortable spending nights alone in the wilderness, as well as caring for stock in the wilderness. Job requires good people skills and basic to intermediate equine knowledge.
- Confident riding ability – Basic horsemanship
- Ability to tie basic box hitch ( other known hitches are a plus )
- Ability to lift minimum of 60 LB
- Comfortable administering basic veterinary care if needed in emergency situation
- Ability to work long hours when required
Rainbow Pack Outfit has been in business for over 80 years, using sawbuck saddles to pack and western saddles on riding animals. Majority of trips will run over Bishop Pass, sitting at 12,000 ft elevation. The main trails ridden are extreme mountain terrain in some cases.
Please provide resume and references, cover letter not required but preferred. Please submit recent photos of yourself on and interacting with horses and mules.