Simpson Ranching Ltd.
Simpson Ranching is seeking a self-motivated, reliable Ranch Hand to join our team in the Alberta Foothills on our 1,000 Head Cattle Ranch and Mixed Grain Farm is seeking a long term employee to join our team as a Ranch Hand. Successful candidate will have strong experience in and be willing to participate in all aspects of equipment operation, ranch facility maintenance, cattle handling and care. Minimum 5 years’ experience and clean Class 5 license required. Competitive wage, bonus program, housing, and other benefits available.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Ranch Hand with Simpson Ranch, you will:
- Carry out field work including but not limited to; haying, harvesting, cultivating, harrowing, spraying thistle and rock picking.
- Can happily and willingly operate a lawn mower, weed whacker, pressure washer, post pounder, hammer and any other implement provided. Conduct all duties in a safe manner, as per the SRL Environmental, Health and Safety Manual
- Operate and maintain all equipment including but not limited to; haying, feeding grain, rolling grain, feeding hay, bedding straw, cutting weeds, spraying weeds, greasing, oil/fluid checks with every use, minor repairs as necessary, servicing and record keeping.
- If you are competent in pasture doctoring cattle you may be on a horse approx. 1 day/week depending on the season. This fluctuates and is never guaranteed.
- Carry out tasks associated with cattle work including but not limited to detecting and treating illness, feeding, calving, and handling of livestock to the exact specification of Simpson Ranching Ltd (SRL).
- Perform all duties associated with the care of horses including but not limited to; grooming, cleaning stalls, feeding, mixing grain, harrowing paddocks, cleaning and oiling ranch tack, and health treatments as required.
- Carry out other duties including but not limited to; salt/mineral/oiler/creep feeder upkeep and transport, cleaning barns, post mortems, moving cattle, set up and tear down of livestock handling systems, repairs or replacement of barb wire/page wire/corral fences, install, maintain and relocate electric fencing, yard work, repairs and maintenance of to water systems, and shoveling snow.
- Keep all areas of the Ranch clean and in good repair.
- All duties required to keep the Ranch to the standards set by Management, including all other duties as required by management.
To be Successful you will have the following qualifications and experience:
- 5+ years of experience with the day-to-day operations of a large professional ranching operation
- Diploma, degree, or equivalent education in the field(s) of Agriculture, Animal Sciences or a related field
- Cattle health knowledge and strong cattle handling skills are an asset
- Mechanical ability for servicing ranch and/or farm equipment
- Able to operate farming and/or ranch related equipment
- Able to build &/or fix wood, barbed & page wire fences/corrals
- Able to assist with the farm division when needed
- Willingly operate a lawn mower, weed whacker, pressure washer, post pounder & any other implement/tool required
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License with clean drivers abstract, Class 1 would be considered an asset
- Must be willing to put in long hours when required
- Must be reliable and trustworthy with a good ol’ fashion work ethic
- Work environment is focused & safety orientated but also relaxed and positive
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS:
- Single and Family accommodations are available
- Located 15 mins from town (Cochrane, AB)
- Salary is within the industry average
- Bonus program which rewards strong performance, growth and goal achievement
- Meat and eggs provided when available
- One true working dog is welcome to attend work with you.
- Two working horses are welcome (hay, grain, water and shelter provided by ranch).
- Ranch horses & tack are available for use to competent employees, their family members and/or their occasional guests.
Forward cover letter & resume to our email address.
In addition, apply through this link: https://cana.startdate.ca/#/career/info/public/640?language=en
Visit website here: https://www.simpsonranching.ca/
Email Address Hidden