Western Pleasure Guest Ranch
Western Pleasure Guest Ranch is searching for a team member that is available for a year-round full-time commitment. This job comes with ranch housing and ranch meals. You would be employed on a guest ranch that operates year-round and your job requirements change with the season.
Horse experience is a must, as you will be assisting with our summer guest ranch program. This may include but is not limited too: caring for the ranch herd, assisting with trail rides, giving horsemanship instruction to guests, riding young or inexperienced horses and all aspects of that operation. Also, a must is the ability to communicate with our guests to provide them with horsemanship education, authentic western experience, and the history of our 5th generation ranch. We have developed a great horsemanship program both for starting and training our horses and for teaching our guests. Applicant must be willing to adapt and be teachable to our horsemanship program.
The ranch offers sleigh rides in the winter so driving experience would be a plus. Other winter jobs include caring for and feeding the herd, snowplowing, and grooming cross country ski trails.
Other ranch jobs may include but not limited to, construction, grounds maintenance, fence building, farming, and painting.
We start most of our own horses so experience with young horses is preferred.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to make independent judgments, which have moderate impacts on the organization.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Dependability – Job requires being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Cooperation – Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Establishing and Maintaining interpersonal relationships – developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Self-Control – Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in difficult situations.
- Integrity – Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Leadership – exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
Physical Demands/working conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, ride, and operate equipment. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit; and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds up to occasionally 100 pounds. The employee is regularly exposed to wet/freezing conditions while working in outside weather in North Idaho.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position in the work in similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Other requirements ….
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- be physically fit and capable of all Wrangler/Ranch hand activities
- Must be a US Citizen or possess a current and appropriate working visa
- Must Ability to lift up to 100 pounds multiple times and work long hours
- Must Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
Salary: $1,800 – $2,200 per month depending on experience level plus tips
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.
Visit website here: https://westernpleasureranch.com/
All Ranch Jobs, Guest / Dude Ranch Jobs, Horse Care / Training Jobs, Horseback Riding / Trail Guide Jobs, Loper / Cutting Horse Jobs, Ranch Hand Jobs, Ranch Handyman / Maintenance Jobs, Resort Ranch Jobs, Wrangler Jobs