Iron Gate Farm
Looking for a long-term, full-time caretaker/handyperson to provide daily maintenance of a 200-acre farm/tree nursery in Kenosha County, WI. Ideal candidate will live on the property and be able to do general land and property maintenance, handyman repairs, building maintenance and cleaning duties. Caretaker is provided a separate newly-decorated house in which to live on the property. (Couples must not have children living at home.)
Must be responsible, hard-working and have a positive attitude as well as knowledge of landscape equipment and machinery, including tractor, leaf blowers, weed-whips, front loader, chipper, chain saws, and other miscellaneous power tools.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Lawn & Landscape Maintenance – grass cutting, tree trimming, brush clearing, snow removal and general upkeep; Operate and maintain farm equipment, tractor, chipper, chain saws, tools etc.
• Maintain lakes and ponds on property.
• Handyman – light remodeling, painting, plumbing, electrical, general carpentry, equipment maintenance, building maintenance and repair work
• Secure bids and quotes for any work that exceeds the capabilities of a handyman or that require special expertise. Coordinate, supervise and oversee these trades and outside services.
• Security – maintain security of the gated property at all times.
• Owner’s home general maintenance, cleaning and pool maintenance.
• Any and all other property duties as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
• Preference will be given to candidates who are mechanically inclined and have a background and skillset working with a wide variety of tools, power tools, landscape maintenance tools, machinery and farming equipment, and experience servicing vehicles and maintaining machinery.
• Must be willing to be flexible with work schedule. The job generally requires five days/week, but may vary based on seasonal demands. Although emergencies are rare, must be available 24/7 in the event of emergencies.
• Must have good communication skills, and communicate regularly with owner via text, email and phone. Must be dependable, honest, and trustworthy.
• Must be legal U.S. citizen or valid working papers; must have valid driver’s license and clean DMV report; provide a work history and references, including phone numbers; and pass a drug test/background check.
Compensation: We will provide a private, newly decorated two-bedroom, one-bath home on the property. In addition to providing housing, there is an annual salary of $40,000 – $45,000 , depending on experience.
Forward resume & cover letter to:
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden