Hope Full Farm
Hope Full Farm is dedicated to growing high quality, nutrient dense produce through regenerative agriculture to address food insecurity among Central Texas students and their families; and supports apprenticeship opportunities for new farmers committed to these sustainable practices.
The Farm Manager will develop and manage all aspects of farm production including growing produce, fruits and herbs to offer at a free or reduced cost to target communities; manage farm apprenticeship program and other interns or volunteers; and work with outside groups for education and community partnerships.
This position requires strong, practical knowledge of regenerative agriculture and farm management, and a passion for providing healthy food and education to help alleviate hunger in local communities.
- Infrastructure planning, creation and maintenance
- Irrigation planning and implementation
- Soil building program
- Produce annual field plans
- Develop and maintain standards of production to ensure the highest quality produce
- Seed ordering and material/equipment purchasing
- Plan and implement planting schedule
- Insect and weed control, fertility monitoring and general field observation
- Maintain and monitor fencing
- Participate in planning for long term farm development
- Plan harvest schedule, harvest, market and deliver
- Develop and manage apprenticeship program
- Recruit and supervise interns and volunteers
- Work with community partners
- Assist with marketing and outreach efforts
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in full-season management
- Demonstrated farm planning experience
- Working knowledge of regenerative farming practices
- Team player with proven leadership skills
- Able to work independently and communicate effectively
- Great organizational skills and record-keeping
- Self-motivated, cooperative and flexible
- Experience with farm machinery, driving a box truck, operating farm equipment and able to repeatedly lift 50 lbs
- Able to work in harsh weather conditions; evening or weekend hours for special events
Compensation: Farm Manager will receive a base salary with annual bonus opportunities in addition to a portion of production for personal consumption and sale.
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address. No phone calls, please.
Visit website here: https://www.hopefullfarm.org/