Watson Farms is a pasture-based livestock farm located near Lowrys, SC. We operate a pastured meat and egg business serving both wholesale and retail markets with a focus on our direct-to-consumer ecommerce website through which we serve over 1,000 customers and counting. Products we bring to market include grass-fed beef, pastured pork, and pastured chicken and eggs.
We are expanding all of our pastured meat enterprises and are looking for an energetic individual to help keep our field operations running smoothly. A key component of this position is ensuring that we always have enough of each type of feed for our pigs and chickens. Proficiency with tractor and equipment operation is critical. This team member would also assist with our on-farm chicken processing operation. As with all of our team members, additional efforts may be required during times of increased order volume or other times of increased output.
We look forward to welcoming a passionate and goal-oriented individual to our team to help our farm become a reliable source of wholesome foods for even more families across the Carolinas and beyond. Come grow with us!
~ 40 – 45 hrs/wk
Monday – Friday:
8am – 5pm
6:30am – 5pm (Chicken processing days – approx. 2 days week during the warm season)
~1 hour lunch daily
We are a livestock farm so hours can vary with seasons, weather, workload, etc. but we do our best to prioritize our team’s work/life balance.
- Grinding feed with tractor and feed grinder/mixer.
- Maintaining inventories on grains and all other feed ingredients and notifying the appropriate team member at reorder points.
- Managing various types of livestock (cattle, pigs, broiler chickens, layer chickens) for optimum production while adhering to our protocols. Moving animals to fresh pasture frequently is central to our production model.
- Working with our H2A team (seasonal foreign workers) in all areas of production during the growing season as needed.
- Our team of 3 H2A workers are here from March 1 to Dec. 1 when our overall production workload is the greatest. This team member would work closely with the H2A team during this period.
- Managing livestock groups during the winter
- Feeding hay to cattle
- Bedding down pastured pigs during harsh weather
- Managing layer chickens in stationary winter housing
- Maintaining and performing repairs to tractors and farm machinery as needed.
- Assisting the Fulfillment Manager with order fulfillment, freezer organization, stocking shelves, and other fulfillment/warehouse related tasks as needed.
- Assisting with egg packing one afternoon per week.
- This position would report to and work closely with Matt Watson, Farm Owner, and Kelly Watson, Sales and Marketing Manager.
- Assisting with on-farm chicken processing
- Many of our team members pitch in to help harvest our pastured chickens as this requires many hands.
- Other duties include pitching in where necessary to fulfill the goal of getting products from the pasture to the customer.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- This position is performed at the farm located near Lowrys, SC.
- Qualified candidates will be honest, trustworthy, and maintain a good attitude.
- Ability to operate tractors and other farm machinery safely and efficiently.
- Ability to handle livestock efficiently and humanely.
- Ability to lift and stack meat cases weighing up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to work in walk-in freezers at temperatures of 0 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions
- Ability to work well with fellow team members and supervisors.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Ability to use Google Workspace (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.) to communicate with other team members, reference feed recipes, etc.
- $15 – $18 per hour depending on experience
- 15% Employee Discount on our products and access to employee section in freezer
- 40 hours paid time off after 1 year of employment
- On-farm housing is included
Forward cover letter & resume to our email address.
Visit website here: https://watsonfarmsbeef.com/
South Carolina Ranch Jobs
Administrative/Operations Jobs, All Ranch Jobs, Butcher / Meat Processing Jobs, Cattle Ranch Jobs, Farm Ranch Jobs, Organic / Regenerative Ranch Jobs, Poultry / Chicken Ranch Jobs, Ranch Hand Jobs, Ranch Jobs with Housing, Ranch Manager Jobs