Liberty Partners, Inc.
We are currently accepting applications for a full-time Farm/Ranch Maintenance employee. This employee will be responsible for the feeding and daily care of livestock (horses, cattle, goats, sheep, fowl, dogs, cats), along with maintenance and repairs on a private property outside of Morris, OK (Okmulgee County). This employee will be responsible for ensuring that the grounds and buildings are maintained to be clean, organized and safe, and that the equipment is kept in good, safe working condition. All hard-working self-motivated candidates are encouraged to apply.
Your employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check and pre-employment and random Non-DOT drug and alcohol tests and maintaining a clean driving record.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- The twice-daily feeding of horses, cows, and other livestock.
- Daily cleaning of pens/horse stalls.
- Calving support and daily care and monitoring of cow/calf pairs.
- Maintenance of barn and equipment: Clean and sweep as necessary. Keep barn and tools clean, neat and organized. Keep vehicles clean and fueled.
- Regular horse grooming and care.
- Horse handling for farrier and/or vet appointments, including trailering and transport as required.
- Clean and maintain saddles and tack.
- Empty and discard recycling and garbage bi-weekly from home, office and barn.
- Irrigation and Maintenance of flower beds, planters, lawns, and landscape on a regular basis. Includes lawnmowing and weed eating, pruning shrubs and trees, planting, weeding, irrigating, and planting new trees as required.
- Weekly pressure wash cleaning of water troughs, or additionally as needed
- Fertilize, spray and brush-hog pastures as scheduled
- Visually inspect equipment, (including handheld tools, tractor, lawn mower, work truck). Report all issues to Supervisor and repair as instructed.
- Maintain an inventory of necessary feeds and supplies that are used on a regular basis.
- Ensure all regulations and laws are being followed to be compliant with health, environmental, and safety policies.
- Weed and Rodent control. Candidate will be required to handle herbicides and pesticides following all applicable regulations and label instructions.
- Repair and paint fence: wire, hot wire, and pipe.
- Maintain and Repair irrigation lines as required
- Maintain Driveways.
- Drive company vehicle(s) and equipment to pick up supplies and transport livestock as needed.
- Any experience and education that demonstrates a knowledge of and the ability to perform the work required, including horse and cattle care & handling.
- Valid Oklahoma Driver's License and clean driving record.
- Knowledge of the safe and proper use of equipment and tools, tractor, brush-hog, loader, hay forks, auger, box blade, mower, including chainsaw, weed whacker, dump trailer and livestock trailer.
- Ability to operate a tractor, lawn mower and weed whacker efficiently.
- Ability to arrive to work on time and as scheduled, consistently.
- Ability to understand, follow, and transmit verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain written records as required
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks daily and according to schedule, without constant supervision.
- Experience around horses is required.
- Experience around cattle is required.
- Experience with welding is helpful.
- And such other duties, tasks and work as may be assigned.
- Heavy Lifting is required. Must be able to lift and/or move large and heavy objects over 55 lbs on a daily basis.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Walking for long periods of time and distance over uneven ground
- Sitting for periods of time.
- Kneeling, Squatting, Bending required on a daily basis
- Physical Labor to be performed under adverse field and weather conditions.
Hours of Work:
- Position will be full-time
- Monday -Friday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm with one-hour required lunch break.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to work on weekends and holidays as required.
Wages and Benefits:
- $13.00-17.00 per hour, based on experience
- Following the end of our regular probationary period for new employees, employee shall be eligible to receive employee benefits normally provided to regular full-time employees, including Paid Time Off (PTO), Medical, Vision, Dental, Life, STD/LTD and 401k.
Male and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
No housing provided.
To apply: Forward bio & resume to us via email. Or fax resume to Toll Free phone number provided. Qualified Applicants will be contacted for interviews.
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.