Progressive cattle operation in Southeastern Nevada is seeking a proactive and results-driven Farm & Ranch Manager to be responsible for managing cattle, personnel, land, capital, machinery, and all other resources to produce high quality Angus cattle.
This is a full-time, fast-paced position that will conduct the day-to-day operations and oversee long-term planning of a 600 head cow-calf and registered herd. The position requires a broad skill set with knowledge and recent experience with cattle as well as farming.
- Management of 600+ pairs, bulls, and replacement heifers.
- Execute and oversee breeding program of commercial herd and A.I. of registered herd
- Keep accurate, detailed records on cow herd, bulls, breeding program, calving, treated/sick cattle, antibiotic inventory, purchases, etc.
- Manage feed program and grazing, irrigation, farming and activities associated with baling hay
- Supervise full and part time employees, seasonal labor and day help
- Communicate with absentee owner on a consistent basis and submit weekly reports
- Minimum of 5 years recent cow-calf experience involving day-to-day cattle operations and at least 3 years employee supervision.
- Must have experience with hay production including running pivots, irrigation, operating hay and farm machinery
- Must be knowledgeable in herd health and nutrition at all stages of cattle production.
- Strong knowledge of proper medications for cattle. Skilled at branding, vaccinations, castrating, and ability to evaluate and implement cattle health requirements.
- Strong knowledge of registered cattle and A.I. programs preferred
- Excellent communication skills, effective written and oral communication skills, be detail-oriented and proven management skills.
- Must know how to use a computer and submit reports via Microsoft Excel, Word and email programs.
Housing on site (3 bedroom) is provided along with a company truck and trailer for work use. Please note, the ranch property, housing and company vehicles are a smoke-free environment. Use of tobacco products, including e-cigarette, are prohibited.
Email resume and references to our HR Manager.
Email Address Hidden