Hidden Valley Ranch Cattle Co.
Hidden Valley Ranch is a cow/calf operation located in Moapa, NV that sits on approximately 500 acres (with approximately 140 acres in active cultivation). The ranch operates numerous irrigation systems used for pasture grazing and harvesting including a pivot, wheel lines and hand lines. The property also has a sprinkler system for the landscaping at the two homes that are a part of the property. Currently the ranch has 120 head of Angus/Simmental cattle with 95 expected to calf at the beginning of the year. The herd has an established breeding and calving season. Most of the herd is transported to our property in Victor, Idaho for summer grazing.
Required Duties of Manager:
- Plan, direct and coordinate the entire operation and report to the owners
- Supervise the two existing ranch employees and create a schedule of daily, weekly and monthly job assignments
- Oversee irrigating, fertilizing, herbicide application and harvesting for overall maximum production of the pastures
- Must be versed in the operation and routine maintenance of all heavy equipment and likewise
- Oversee that the aesthetic appearance of the property is in line with the standards of the owners. This includes but is not limited to: the lawns, shrubs, trees and flowers.
- Responsible for efficient pasture rotation and land management
- Must be well organized, a problem solver and able to manage a diverse operation
- Skills that would be beneficial include welding, plumbing, electrical, fencing and light carpentry
- Must have extensive experience in cattle management
- This includes but is not limited to: recognizing nutritional needs and health concerns, doctoring skills, vaccinating and knowledge of protocol
Our calving season is roughly from the end of December through the end of February. The manager will be expected to be on-call 24/7 during these months to focus on the birthing progression and must be capable of handling any birthing abnormalities. The manger will set the schedule with the other employees to ensure that the cattle are checked around the clock.
Taking care of animals is physically arduous and time-consuming resulting in duties that may occasionally exceed a full-time work week.
There will be times when the position will require the manager to work weekend, evening and holiday shifts.
Compensation & Benefit:
On property housing provided
Company vehicle provided
Employee health benefits provided
Applicants – send bio & resume to:
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden
Nevada Ranch Jobs