Job Title: Feedlot Hand
Location: Napoleon, ND
Full-time Competitive Pay with Housing Included: based on experience with the opportunity to advance. J&P Feedlot is a progressive, local, family owned business that has more than doubled in size in the last few years. We are a growing company dedicated to leadership within the livestock industry. This job can grow into a management position with endless opportunities for the motivated individual who seeks greater responsibility and who desires to contribute to the team on a greater level.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Sort and work cattle during schedule vaccinations and assist in health evaluations
- Assist in pulling and treating sick cattle
- Work cattle in a low stress manner to keep the cattle production healthy
- General maintenance and cleaning of the feedlot facilities
- Run haying equipment during the summer as needed
- Assist in running large equipment on the farm when needed
- All work is to be done in a neat, clean, organized and professional manner
- Willingness to work flexible hours and weekends typical of farm and ranch work (50-60 hrs/week)
- Other general duties around the feedlot as necessary
Qualifications and Skills:
- Knowledgeable in the processing of cattle
- Self-starter, highly motivated, and able to complete projects with limited or no direct supervision once trained
- Desire to improve efficiency and processes throughout the feedlot
- Must have good communication skills
- General knowledge about heavy equipment (payloader, Bobcat, tractor) is a plus but not required
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
- Hard working and dependable
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Motivated to learn new technology and techniques to continue to constantly grow and improve yourself as well as the business.
To apply, forward your bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.
Visit our website here: https://www.jplivestock.com/
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden