R-Ranch at the Lake
Hiring COUPLES and INDIVIDUALS Immediately
We are looking for wranglers and maintenance, housekeeping or pool personnel to join our existing crew for the 2021 spring/summer season, with possibility for year-round positions. Applicants must have a trailer, horse trailer with living quarters, or RV to bring/live in OR live within commuting distance of R-Ranch at the Lake.
R-Ranch at the Lake is located on 1,093 acres in the hills above Napa, California, in beautiful wine country, only minutes from Lake Berryessa and approximately 30 minutes from town. The facility boasts a riding program and stable, 300 RV sites, 100 cabins, a general store, Napa County’s largest swimming pool, miniature golf, and hiking trails.
The below applies to wranglers. (For all other positions see: https://r-ranch.net/now-hiring/)
JOB BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Hourly wages, paid twice a month
- RV/Camper hookups
- Use of campsite amenities including horses, swimming pool, hiking trails, etc. with preference to paying members
- Other benefits for year-round employees
- At least 21 years old.
- MUST bring an RV/Camper or live-in trailer – or find housing off site
- Able to drive
- Must be able to walk more than one horse at a time.
- Must be able to ride a horse even when “it doesn’t want to go.”
- Ability to tack a horse in western tack without help
- Ambitious, hardworking, with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Familiar with riding in rough terrain, have a good sense of direction, and experience with novice riders.
- 2 Years experience handling horses
- 2 Years experience in customer service positions.
- Able to lift 80 pounds
WRANGLER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Guide guests on trail rides, arena rides and aid in gymkhana events.
- Give guests instruction in basic horsemanship, riding lessons and horse care.
- Interact with guests to make each ride safe, educational, and fun.
- Daily feeding and caring of horses.
- Memorize the name, look, and attitude of 50 horses.
- Match horses to guests to fit their skill level, experience, and size.
- Perform tack maintenance as necessary ensuring all is safe and in good working order.
- Maintaining facilities, corrals, arena, trails, grounds.
- Trail maintenance, fencing and general ranch chores.
- Maintaining and alerting supervisor when vehicles and ranch equipment are broken.
- Caring for and identifying sick/injured animals
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address.
Email Address Hidden
All Ranch Jobs, Entry Level Ranch Jobs, Guest / Dude Ranch Jobs, Horseback Riding / Trail Guide Jobs, Ranch Hand Jobs, Ranch Handyman / Maintenance Jobs, Ranch Jobs for Couples / Teams, Summer Ranch Jobs, Wrangler Jobs