Diamond 4D Ranch
The Ranch Employee is a full time position starting on or near January 1, 2021. The employee will be expected to work a 40 hour work week under direct supervision of the Ranch Foreman. Daily start and stop times will be set forth by the Ranch Manager so that a minimum of 40 hours will be completed weekly.
The Ranch Employee should have a background in range management, agriculture, or wildlife biology and have an open minded approach to progressive management philosophies. In addition, the prospective candidate should be able to operate machinery in a safe and prudent manner and have efficient skills in communication both verbally and electronically. Diamond 4D prides itself in professional management of natural resources with an emphasis on sustainable long term stewardship of both livestock and wildlife. The successful candidate will have a willingness to push him/herself to conquer new experiences and master many skill sets. The position has the potential for long term growth and an opportunity to become a part of a unique team of land stewards. It is imperative that the employee adheres to the confidentiality agreement between Diamond 4D, LLC and him/herself at all times and positively represents the ranch both on and off ranch property.
- Construction of new fence meeting ranch specifications and criteria.
- Aid in maintaining up-to-date records via management programs of livestock and pasture health
- Maintaining building systems (i.e. electrical, plumbing, heating, etc… and general building maintenance).
- Assist ranch crew members in feeding, maintaining herd health and management of bison herd.
- Safe and proper operation of ranch equipment including but not limited to: trucks, tractors, ATV’s, chain saws and assorted agricultural and shop equipment.
- Proper identification and eradication of noxious weeds and assisting to maintain range health.
- Assist in the flood irrigation of existing hay meadows and harvesting hay crop.
- Aid ranch manager when needed.
- On the ground monitoring of plant and animal health (both domestic and wild)
- Vehicle maintenance (i.e. oil changes, trouble shooting, upkeep)
- Employee must have a valid driver’s license.
- Previous heavy equipment or agricultural related equipment experience preferable, but not required
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely fashion in an unsupervised and remote work setting under sometimes inhospitable weather conditions.
- Successful candidate must be reliable and trustworthy and willing to complete job duties to the Ranch Foreman’s and the General Ranch Manager’s specifications and criteria.
- Ability to communicate well with other ranch employees and the general public and represent the ranch in a positive manner
- Electronic data and management software skills
- Ability to lift large items at least 75lbs.
- Creative thinking and an ability to problem solve.
Compensation dependent upon prior experience and qualifications. Housing can be provided.
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address.
Visit ranch website here: https://diamond4dranch.com/