A beautiful 40 acre agricultural ranch located in the Luz Heights neighborhood in Temecula is seeking for a full time Ranch Hand that will be provided with living arrangements plus a monthly compensation. If you do not have a resume, please write a cover letter explaining your past experience.
Full Time Ranch Hand
On site living arrangement for 1-2 people maximum. Not an ideal location for families or children. No smoking. Minimal alcohol on site. No marijuana. No illicit drug use. Housing is completely contingent on employment.
Housing includes internet and utilities. It does not include laundry or mailbox.
It is expected the ranch hand understands how to use google spreadsheets. Projects will be tracked using this program. Larger coordinated projects will require invoice uploads on the spreadsheet as well.
The ranch hand will communicate with the staff and owner via email, text and cell. Communication will be at a minimum on a weekly basis. It is important to know all cost based projects must be communicated before proceeding. It is also important to notify the staff and owner of any emergencies (ie broken pipes) immediately. Coordinating information with all other staff, event planners, air bnb staff, grove management, vineyard management, etc is expected.
This is a full time position. The expectation is the ranch hand should be available on site. Any time away from the ranch needs to be submitted to the owner with at least 4 weeks notice. As long as ranch responsibilities are met, the ranch hand may pursue other small moonlighting opportunities.
- Walk water meters – document numbers
- Walk upper house perimeter- lock gates
- Walk inside/outside lower house- look for water leaks
- Check on dogs, walk dogs – brush hair
- Walk fruit tree, garden and barn area – prune and pest control family fruit trees
- Garden – water, weed, and maintain
- Gopher traps – clear, place and control holes
- Lawn monitoring
- Landscape and Lawn sprinklers – monitor area watered and adjust; monitor for broken pipes/sprinklers
- and repair as needed
- Mow all lawns – use ride on mower for large lawns; use small mower for upper house lawn
- Blow driveways and roads
- Fix sprinklers, repair irrigation pipes
- Remove leaves
- Lawn trim and weed removal
- Hedge trimming as needed
- Clean out all major drain covers and area surrounding
- Monitor spa- clean spa
- Broom and mop deck
- Weed spray driveways
- Fertilize lawn, fruit trees, and sprinkler modifications
- Gopher traps
- Clean windows on lower house and garage
- Snail pellets to family fruit trees
- Ant control
- Take out trash
- Landscape hedging and trimming
- Weed control
- Large tree and branch maintenance
- Building Specific (includes Barn, Lower House, Upper House)- to be done on a calendared schedule
- Clean rain gutters
- Change air conditioning and heating filters
- Clean the furnace filter to remove dust build-up
- Check the water softener and replenish salt if necessary
- Clean faucet aerators and shower heads to remove mineral deposits
- Inspect tub and sink drains for debris; unclog if necessary using liquid clearing agents
- Test smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, fire extinguishers, and all ground-fault circuit interrupters.
- Inspect electrical cords for wear.
- Vacuum heat registers and heat vents.
- Check indoor and outdoor air vents are not blocked.
- Flush out hot water from the water heater to remove accumulated sediment.
- Clean the garbage disposal by grinding ice cubes, then flushing with hot water and baking soda.
- Small painting/touch up
- Small wood repair
- Small electrical work
- Small plumbing work (toilets, etc.)
Vineyard Specific: to be done on a calendared schedule
- Maintain syrah vines trim and clean up
- Maintain chardonnay, merlot and pinot vines and clean up
- Control watering based on a schedule
- Monitor all lines for breaks
- Monitor all drip systems for leaks
- Apply netting to all vines
- Remove netting to all vines
- Manage all fertilizer needs
- Manage all pruning
- Manage pest and bird control
- Coordinate sugar testing
- Coordinate picking/harvesting
Avocado Grove Specific: to be done on a calendared schedule
- Monitor leaks and shut off water
- Notify management company and staff of water concerns
- Monitor water use – control water during rainy season
- Maintain irrigation drainage
- Maintain tree branch length in the roads
- Monitor and document erosion
- Walk the grove regularly
- Remove dead trees (stump)
- Maintain roads in the grove
- Cement holes in the grove
- Improve drainage systems near roads
- Coordinate with farm management company – watering, picking
Event/ AirBNB Specific:
- Coordinate package delivery
- Assemble furniture
- Coordinate Pest Control
- Move furniture
- Event set up support
- Event cleaning support
- Reset internet and wifi (if needed)
- Point of contact if on site guests have concerns
- Monitor wild animals
- Take dogs to veterinary clinic (if needed)
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address.
Visit website here: https://www.randhawaranch.com/