Geronimo Trail Guest Ranch
YEAR-ROUND Ranch Manager/Office Manager needed at Geronimo Trail Guest Ranch!
Located in the mountains of the pristine 3.3 million acre Gila National Forest of SW New Mexico!
Ranch Manager/Office Manager
Come join the Geronimo Trail Guest Ranch team in our beautiful area of southwest New Mexico, located at 6,500 feet elevation in the ponderosa pines. Explore the canyons, creeks, forests, and mountains of the Gila National Forest! Get off the grid, reconnect with nature and find your serenity again!
We are looking to hire a unique individual who wants it all: dramatic scenery, versatile work, independent living, and a truly memorable life in the mountains! The best way to have a good time is to show others a good time – Help us give our guests the best vacation they have ever had!
- Do you LOVE to make people happy and help give them the best vacation they have ever had?
- Do you have EXPERIENCE in hospitality, management, marketing, reservations and more?
- Do you LOVE to have a variety of different things you do every day in your job?
- Do you get a feeling of SATISFACTION from putting in a full day’s work and giving it your ALL?
- If you answered YES to the above questions, this may be the job for you!
Start Date: Immediately
Position Type: Full-time, year-round. Our guest season runs from March through November. During the winter (December through mid-February) you will be able to work remotely (i.e., away from the ranch) with fewer hours, allowing for travel, time to visit friends and family, etc.
Considerations: We are a small ranch (12 guests max) and we are very remote. You need to have your own transportation to work here and be comfortable with long periods away from town/city life as we are located 2 hours from the nearest town. There is no cell phone service at the ranch, so this is a great opportunity to disconnect from technology and reconnect with nature and the important things in life! Unfortunately, we cannot accept pets as the ranch has plenty of animals!
- Salary $4,000/month.
- Share of tip pool during the guest season. (We cannot promise a number, but this often adds another $2,000/month to your salary!)
- Room and board included. Living accommodations are a fully furnished private room in a house with a full kitchen, one bathroom and living area, shared with two other people. Eating our chef’s delicious meals with our guests is a huge bonus! Please note we cannot accommodate spouses or families.
- Satellite TV, laundry, and limited Wi-Fi are included.
- Benefits also include a season completion bonus and a raise each additional year worked.
Typical Day: Working on a ranch consists of long hours, not your typical 9-5. A normal day during our guest season starts at 8 AM and goes until evening activities are over at 10 PM. Entertaining and spending time with the guests is also a key element of a job at the ranch: during the day as well as evening campfires, line dancing, games or movies as they desire until 10 PM each evening. One day off per week maximum during the guest season. You will be able to hike and explore our beautiful area during your time off! Staff must be well groomed, flexible, able to take constructive criticism and be a team player. Western attire is required.
Your main job will be taking over the management of the ranch and office:
- Answering the phone, responding to emails, taking bookings.
- Creating and executing a marketing plan.
- Reviewing ranch finances, creating a budget, bookkeeping and organizing.
- Helping the business run more smoothly in any way possible.
*Previous experience and/or education in hospitality, management, marketing, entrepreneurship or similar is required. A background and credit check will be required prior to a job offer. We require staff to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and to follow current New Mexico protocols.*
A job at our ranch requires a fast learner and motivated self-starter. Versatility, flexibility, attention to detail, and a positive attitude are needed. You may also be needed to help in other areas of work around the ranch during the guest season including but not limited to: Housekeeping, Ranch Work, Horse Care and Helping with Guest Rides.
One Person, Many Hats! We are looking for a dynamic, dedicated individual!
Please look at our website https://geronimoranch.com/ to learn more about the ranch.
How to Apply:
*Please read all the above information very carefully!*
Email [email protected] with all requested information:
- Cover letter – what applicable experience do you have and why would you be an asset to our operation?
- Earliest date you can start work at the ranch?
- Resume showcasing your applicable experience.
- References – Letters or Contact Info for 3 former employers
ALL INFO REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED.