Seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated and passionate individual to join our Team at Paniolo Adventures on the Big Island of Hawaii. The Wrangler position is responsible for the care and general well being of all horses in the Riding String as well as leading guests on specific trail rides on our 11,000-acre Working Cattle ranch.
This position is Full-time. Candidates must be willing to work all shifts including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Horse handling, round up, grooming, saddling, feeding and watering.
- Provide pre-ride instructions to guests regarding how to ride safely and general horsemanship.
- Assisting guests on and off horses, adjusting tack properly, fitting helmets, and providing aid regarding horseback skills.
- Leading horseback rides for guests in a positive and safe manner.
- Barn chores including manure removal and stall cleaning.
- Proper maintenance of gear, tack, and other equipment.
- Trail, fence and corral maintenance.
- Follow all safety procedures to maintain the safety of guests, staff, and horses.
- Greeting guests, checking them in and ensuring accurate completion of release forms; takes payment.
- Minimum age – 18
- Experience with horses required.
- Ability to ride a horse for 6-8 hours per day.
- Ability and knowledge about saddling horses
- The majority of the working day will be spent on your feet or in the saddle.
- Ability to lift and transport weights from 10#-70# without issue.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
- Must have own Transportation to and from work.
Wranglers are paid per ride Plus tips.
Additional opportunities to advance and increased responsibilities for qualified applicants.
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Description of Housing Provided
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address.